Norton

what anti virus programs do you use
I have the paid version of norton but I hear it’s not the best anymore
I aslo use the free version of mbam
Any suggestions

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, if you know how to browse the web, then you really don't need nothing fancy. I use the free version of Avast with a custom install because of all the garbage included with it. You can also try Bitdefender free.

_Pete_

I just use what comes with Windows and free Malwarebytes occasionally. Works for me and has worked for me for years, even during the "bad old days" of Microsoft Security Essentials. As said if you know how to use the internet you don't need to pay for antivirus which in my opinion do not work very well anyway and bombard you with spam which is almost as bad as a virus.

Darren

Staff member
MBAM + Defender or paid suite of your preference. Although frankly they almost all suck for varying reasons lately, I don't even suggest Avast anymore despite it being good for years. McAfee is worse than viruses, and most of the rest harass me way more than any viruses would.

SoftwareEng

To be honest, if you know how to browse the web, then you really don't need nothing fancy. I use the free version of Avast with a custom install because of all the garbage included with it. You can also try Bitdefender free.
Yes, Anti virus slowed down all my hard disks in my computers

Or otherwise get a SSD. Better still, a mac!!!
PS: This is all based on personal preferences, don’t take my advice seriously

Last edited: