Not getting anything at startup

Loshee

Hi, built my computer around 10 months ago, no problems. Yesterday turned my monitor on, saw my desktop and then it just went black. Thought the HDMI cord had fell out, but it was securely on.

Tried a hard reset, computer starts, case fan and monitor fans are spinning but get absolutely nothing (monitor receives no signal).

I can also open and close my disk drive when the computer is on, but it appears there is no computer activity (the red light isn't blinking, just solidly dead).

Any thoughts/tests I can run?

Thanks!

Loshee

Cleaned out the dust and it starts, kind of weird. Mulitple times I hard reset the computer, but when it came back on it was just resumed from my last "session."

Some sort of weird hibernate bug maybe?

Zangetsu

Cleaned out the dust and it starts, kind of weird. Mulitple times I hard reset the computer, but when it came back on it was just resumed from my last "session."

Some sort of weird hibernate bug maybe?

Happens a lot... No big deal. If your Video cable is pluged out, it can do sometimes some weird stuff. It's the same if there are 2 computers connected to 1 monitor. I don't know why it does that, but I think that the computer get's confused or something.. I don't know...

Anyway, like I said, no big deal.