Not getting Facebook notifications any more

Dimitri

At some point I stopped getting notifications. No new notifications have appeared in the drop down list you get when you click on the little globe for days, tho I normally get multiple per day.

I didn't change any settings.

Any idea what the problem might be?

_Pete_

Also, apparently, facebook has changed the "alogarithims" whatever the heck one of those is, that decide what friends you get notifications from. There is a hack apparently that people have been posting on Facebook. This hack only works on cell phones though.

_Kyle_

Also, apparently, facebook has changed the "alogarithims" whatever the heck one of those is, that decide what friends you get notifications from. There is a hack apparently that people have been posting on Facebook. This hack only works on cell phones though.
An algorithm is essentially a set of instructions on how to solve a problem.

_Pete_

Copied and pasted directly from a post on Facebook. I have tried this on my computer and it doesn't work. It only works on cell (mobiles for the Brits) phones apparently.

Here’s how to avoid hearing from the same 26 FB friends and nobody else. This post explains why we don't see all posts from our friends. Funny, thought if I followed you on Facebook I would see what you post. Not anymore
1f937_1f3fb_200d_2640.png
♀️
Your Newsfeed recently shows only posts from the same few people, about 25, repeatedly the same, because Facebook has a new algorithm.
1f645_1f3fb_200d_2640.png
♀️
Their system chooses the people who will read your post. However, I would like to choose for myself, Therefore, I ask you all a favor - If you are reading this message leave me a quick comment, a "hello", a sticker, whatever you want, so you will appear in my news feed
203c.png
‼️
Otherwise Facebook chooses who to show me and I don't need facebook to choose my friends!
1f92c.png

Do not hesitate to copy and paste on your wall so you can have more interaction with all your contacts and bypass the system. That's why we don't see all posts from our friends.
1f62e.png

Thanks for the heads up from those who already copied and pasted the above. Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy". Then go to your page, start a new post on your page, then put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.

Agent Smith

Facebook has been nothing but absolute shit, and I'm currently trying to delete my account, but every time I go to the delete account link I get a blank damn page. I tried three browsers, flushing the DNS and using Google DNS. So I asked on their BS help section so I'll see what someone says. It might be my security settings since I keep getting alerts all of a suden using a browser which never happened before.

Thing about deleting your account is that you have to get rid of the Facebook App as well and never ever log back in otherwise everything is reinstated. Doubt they delete your data.

...and I went to find my Faceboook meme in the LOL thread and it's gone. Figures there would be hardcore Facedump fans here.

Found it again in Google.

wga9uK2.jpg

Relevant, I'd say.

corewill2003

I wouldn't know why, Facebook is a waste of air and I don't use it. They also had a huge data leak so they have shit security. I wouldn't trust it, just delete your Facebook account and uninstall it from your phone. Also, the owner of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg is a total idiot. Facebook is also occupied by Anti-vaxxers, frat idiots named Brett, SJWs/millennial morons, and old people so I really wouldn't use it if data wasn't leaked from it due to the lack of normalcy of it's users.

I also heard that Facebook sells users information, so I really wouldn't use it for anything due to it being an absolute cesspool.

Last edited: