Not recording to CD drive

penguinrusty

I recently got a CD-R/W drive, and made it the primary slave drive, the regular CD drive being the master. I started 'er up after installing it, went into the BIOS, and it said "Philips CD-RW - Primary Slave. I went to write sum stuff to it, and i tried WinAmp, iTunes and just plain windows and it they would not write to it. It gave me the "no device found" and the "D: not accessible. Incorrect function". They drivers are fine. Then, I right-clicked on the d: drive icon in "my computer". I clicked on philips cd-rw and it said "this device is working properly". I tried to update the drivers, and it said that my 2001 driver is the most recent one available. Any suggestions?

narafa

What is your Windows? If you are using Windows 98, you will need to get the Win98 driver from the internet or wherever I believe. One of my friends experienced the same problem, he is using Win 98 and he can't write anything using any program.

If the problem is not a windows problem, then try installing the CD-RW on a single data cable to your mother board and try it as a master drive or as a slave, some mainboards just don't like CD-Roms installed on same cable.

Just give it a try and tell us here what was the result.

Thanks,

penguinrusty

I just switched it to the master on the same IDE channel, and that did the trick. It wigged out a little bit, so I reinstalled the driver.

Last edited: