Not sure what they asking me

Hi, I have question, can you create and format documents using windows 7 explain your answer please. I'm not too shabby at figuring out what to do on the computer when I need to do something, but I'm not too familiar with computer lingo and I have to answer this question for a class .
thank you

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You'd need some kind of productivity software such as Microsoft Word or LibreOffice Writer. Windows comes with WordPad, but it's very limited in what it can do.

GaryCantley

Hazard a guess someone is trying to get us doing their homework for them.

The answer is no, but could be a yes if you think certain bits of software are the operating system. :D

spirit

Staff member
Well you can open up WordPad or Notepad which come with Windows 7 and write some stuff to *create* a (text) document, and then maybe play around the colours of the text as well as the font size and type to *format* the (text) document, so ummm... yeah...

Your question is very vague, so we can't really help you answer it. Like Okedokey said, we need to know what kind of documents you want to create, what kind of formatting you want and what exactly you're trying to do.

I know the question is not clear, that's why I'm confused littel.That's how professor is exactly asking "can you create and format documents using windows 7 explain your answer please".

spirit

Staff member
I know the question is not clear, that's why I'm confused littel.That's how professor is exactly asking "can you create and format documents using windows 7 explain your answer please".

Well the answer is yes then. You can *create* a text document by writing stuff into Notepad or WordPad (both of which come with Windows 7), and you can *format* a document you've created in NotePad or WordPad by changing the colour of the font etc. :)