Notebook Gaming PC for 1500-2000

alegator18

I am going to college in a few months and am going to need a laptop. I am going to need the computer for music, gaming, and doing school work. Any suggestions? I like the new games like half life 2.
Thanks
Alex

LittleHoov

in that price range you could build a mid/high level desktop for your games and buy a cheap laptop to pack around for other stuff...but i understand if thats not what you want.

Alienware makes a pretty good gaming laptop i think, and i believe Dell recently jumped on the bandwagon as well.

alegator18

that could be an idea to do a desktop for the dorm and a laptop for class. So if that's the case, do you think that i could get a decent desktop for 1000 that can play the new games and a laptop that could be functionable for classes and such.
-Alex

LittleHoov

simply put...yes, you can build a very capable machine for 1000, and you can snag a basic laptop for 700-800...check the big manufacturers, or you can get ahold of barebone laptop kits, and then add your own stuff...and if anyone tells you that you cant build a nice gaming rig for 1000 bucks, shoot em in the face.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
i would give my comments on the combo but you linked us to your cart, so unless you tell us oyur password and username, we cant look :p

LittleHoov

im sure that laptop would be fine for basic stuff, 256 is a bit sluggish for XP though if you are doing anything very intense...and for the gaming machine, not saying the 8400 wouldnt do...ok..but i think you might want to consider an Athlon 64 machine for gaming...you can build one yourself, or check out a site that builds them for you...i cant recall any sites at this moment, theres some that are always in magazines that ive heard good and bad about...cyberpower.com? or something like that.

alegator18

sorry about linking to the cart...
anyone know the site that can build a desktop for 1100 dollars...i dont know much about computers, so i might need some help for what parts to get.
-Alex