Nothing showing up on screen..

Steve305

So I just put together a new computer, and everything seems to be running great.. The only problem is, is that nothing is showing up on the screen when I turn the power on.. the PSU is getting power, and is giving power to the rest of the computer, because I can hear the hard drive running, I can open the disk tray for the CD-R and the heatsink fan is spinning on the motherboard.. It just seems weird that everything inside the computer is running well, but its still not giving me any sort of picture on the screen.. Also, the moniter is plugged in, and the cable going to the graphics card is in tightly. I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the IDE slot? Im pretty sure everything is going to the right places.. Also, the graphics card works fine.. its an old fx5500.. another thing, the motherboard I ordered off of newegg doesn't have a VGA slot that I can just plug into and get in the bios :mad: Anyone have a clue what the problem might be? If you post any questions regarding something I did not state I will be here to answer them

Steve305

is that the 4-pin power to the CPU? If so, I know what you are talking about, but this power supply doesnt seem to have the 4 pin connector.. I do have another one that does.. maybe I should take this one out and give the other a try

kof2000

i know for one that at work this computer will not display on monitor unless i plut in the 4pin power.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
^ Same here. You NEED the 4 pin connector. All the power supplies have an 4pin these days. (I have an 250w bestec witha 4pin)