Novabench

peter912

Is Novabench safe to download , to test a computers graphic card ? When I was about to download it a warning came up, that these type of files can contain viruses, so I cancelled the download to be safe .

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yes Novabench is safe. Smartscreen and sometimes Chrome flag things incorrectly.

peter912

I don't play computer games so it doesn't matter. Did this report tell you anything about the condition of my video, with regards to the problems that I was having though ?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I don't play computer games so it doesn't matter. Did this report tell you anything about the condition of my video, with regards to the problems that I was having though ?
No. It's a benchmark to measure performance. It's not going to tell you about problems.

peter912

No. It's a benchmark to measure performance. It's not going to tell you about problems.
Do you see any benefit to getting a video card installed, if it is possible to disable the integrated one that I have now ? Other than the video card, would the technician require any parts for this job, such as wires ? This is so that I could order it at the same time that I order the video card . Since I don't use the computer for gaming, would I just be wasting my money ? Is sound part of it or does sound have a separate card ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My suggestion to you is to take your machine in and have it diagnosed properly. Don't be spending money on something you don't need. My guess is that is the video card but without proper diagnosing, you just don't know.

peter912

My suggestion to you is to take your machine in and have it diagnosed properly. Don't be spending money on something you don't need. My guess is that is the video card but without proper diagnosing, you just don't know.
There is such a wide range of video cards, they range in price from $50 all the way up to $2,500 . If I got one, lets say for $140 , do you think that it would be better than what I have now ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If all you do is web surf and email you don't need a dedicated video card, video card is for gaming. But if they find out your onboard video is failing then you'll need to buy a cheap video card. But please let the people who diagnose your computer tell you what is wrong with it.