November Folding Marathon

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
With the end of the year quickly approaching, I thought we should hold one final Folding marathon. I've noticed the team stats have dropped significantly since our last folding marathon in February. The marathon will start on the 6th of November 12:00AM PST and wrap up at 11:59PM PST on the 12th.

Here are the current stats for the team (Team 44358)
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=44358

For those of you unsure of folding, what it is, or how to get involved, check out these threads:
http://www.computerforum.com/66933-folding-home-cf-official-team.html

http://www.computerforum.com/62246-folding-home-cf-official-discussion-thread.html

The final thing I'm looking for are prizes. If you have something you'd like to donate as a prize, please post a reply and let me know what you have up for grabs. I'd like to have a first, second, and third place.

If you would like to take part in the marathon, please respond with your folding name and whether you would like a prize for winning/are donating a prize. I'll update this post with information on those entering, accepting prizes, and the prizes up for grabs.

Any other questions, please feel free to post and ask.

November 2011 Folding@Home Marathon

Contestants

Voyagerfan99 - No Prize
ScottALot - Prize
CrayonMuncher - Prize
Kobaj - Prize
NyxCharon - Prize
mihir - Unknown
Gooberman - Prize

Prizes
Voyagerfan99 - Antec TruePower 750W Modular PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371022)
mep916 - $20
ScottALot - Three (3) Member Registrations to XtremeSystems
Rocko - Crysis for PC

RESULTS

The results are as follows:

ScottALot 53836 - PSU
Kobaj 40724 - $20 from Mep
Crayonmuncher 22038
voyagerfan99 6173
Gooberman 5739
Nyxcharon 1762

Total Team Production Points: 133739

Prizes will be selected largest point value to smallest point value.
Thanks a lot to everyone who participated! You all helped save researchers time and helped the entire human race too!

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I'll offer $20 prize, but only if we receive a minimum of 5 participants. Unfortunately I won't be participating. Electrical costs are too high, otherwise I would've never stopped folding. :(

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Thanks for the support Mep :) Hope we can get some more people going!

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the support Mep :)

It's the least I can do, considering what you've offered. :p

With that PSU on the line, you'd think we can get at the minimum 5 people. I'll contact buzz and see if he's folding for another team, or if he's stopped altogether. He made a big fuss when he passed me in points awhile back.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
It's the least I can do, considering what you've offered. :p

With that PSU on the line, you'd think we can get at the minimum 5 people. I'll contact buzz and see if he's folding for another team, or if he's stopped altogether. He made a big fuss when he passed me in points awhile back.

It's my old PSU I'm just looking to get rid of :) But hey if nobody else wants to do the marathon I can just sell it instead :D

ScottALot

I'm in first place for avg PPD? I'll enter/participate and I'll pay for three people's registration (1$, but lets not focus on that :) ) to XtremeSystems. I'm not suggesting that people move to that forum, but there's some good content on there that some members might like to participate in.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
For previous marathons have we used the Stanford stats for winners or Extreme Overclocking?

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I'll do it. My desktop just sits in my dorm, so why not.

anyone in this or a similar situation really has no reason not to fold. if you don't pay the electrical bill, why not? that was the only downside for me at least. the hardware requirements are minimal. I believe just about anyone can do it.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I can fold. But would my slow 1 Mbit internet be a bottleneck?

It downloads the packet to work on, your CPU or GPU folds it, then the results are sent back. I'm pretty sure it won't bottleneck anything.