Novice in need of some help!

moo1980

Hi, I'm not too knowledgable in this area, so please be patient with me, and don't laugh!! :eek:

Firstly, I found some spyware/adware on my PC, and downloaded Microsoft AntiSpyware, Webroot Spy Sweeper, SpywareDoctor, Spybot S&D, and Ad-aware. They all kept detecting spyware etc, and would delete it, but it would come straight back - especially with p2pnetworking.exe. So last night I downloaded a-squared, and it brought up a few files including qkifm.exe, qkifa.exe, and files associated with NVIDIA. So, I deleted the qkif files, and also went into Add/Remove Programs and deleted the NVIDIA driver. (stupid move, I realise now) After rebooting, a message came up saying New Hardware Found, and the NVIDIA driver was back in the programs list. BUT...everything on my desktop (and in IE) is really big - it looks just like when you start-up in Safe Mode. I've tried changing display settings, etc, but no good. Can you help?

Also, I'm still getting a message coming up when I start, saying "Runner Error: Invalid BackWeb application ID 137903". I googled it, and kinda understand what it's about, but can you please tell me in simpler terms what I should do about it?
Thank-you in advance! :)
PS. running Windows XP, not sure what other info you would need to know?

joshj

I don't know about the error message, but I do know about the driver and the desktop size. If you don't have a driver installed for your video card, you won't be able to change the resolution (therefore, the size of the desktop). You can either reinstall your drivers from the CD (if you still have it), or download some new ones from here. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1087

Last edited:

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
after you get the video prob taken care of, update your Ad-Aware and MS antispyware, reboot to safemode then run a full system scan with each. (adaware run the full scan not the smart scan / Microsoft, don't click the scan now button, click the advance link right under it and run a full scan)

moo1980

Please can someone help me, I'm going crazy!! I've tried everything and I'm afraid if I try anything else I might stuff up big time!! :(

moo1980

:cool: I'm pleased to say that I carried out a HP System Restore (which thankfully, I fluked my way through!!) and everything is okay now. Well, everything on the screen actually seems a lot smaller than what it originally was, but it probably just looks that way cos I've been staring at huge icons all day!! ;) <p>Thanks for your help guys, you're fan-bluddy-tastic!!! I'm off to read up on some of your spyware threads now. Thanks again! :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
oh, how do i determine which driver to use? does it matter?
see QUESTIONS 101 :).

Well, everything on the screen actually seems a lot smaller than what it originally was, but it probably just looks that way cos I've been staring at huge icons all day!!
You can change that by changing the screen resolution (Control Panel --> Display --> Settings)