Number of Problems with Vista

Stildawn

Hi all.

Just recently havin a few issues with vista, ok here goes.

1. I cant copy and paste things in my User folder (former My Documents folder in XP), Ive noticed that in properties its read only, and when I untick it and go ok, then open up the properties again its back on read only?? I cant fix this, Ive tried changin the permissions to allow all/full control etc.

2. Tried to download a mod and it says the below

No cookies found!
No valid MTS2 login could be found. Please note that you must be logged into MTS2 to use this server.

Reasons for this not working are:

If you are logged in, then make sure you aren't using any kind of cookie blocker, like Norton Internet Security.
Try allowing "modthesims2.com" in your security software for cookies.
MAKE SURE you have ticked the "Remember Me" option when logging in. If you do not, then you will not be able to download.

Ive gone into IE options and enable all cookies (which was already enable btw) outta ideas on that one.

And 3. Ive noticed that it no longer logs me on automatically into this site (and others) (this would be linked to the cookies thing I persume)

I dont know why this is happening, but it might have something to do with me running WinASO Registery Optimiser a day or so ago which has a bunch of tools.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

Invisible Man

Did you try to set IE browser security level to the lowest and see if it save your log in? what is ur history setting in IE?

Stildawn

The sercurity setting on IE is the cookie thing right? Yeah Ive tried it at the lowest level, but no difference.

Ill try the history settings tonight when I get off work.

Any other ideas/fixes. Ive got a funny feeling Ive turned something on somewhere that is affecting all this.

Stildawn

Ive tried a few more things, but nothing working so far, do you reckon a restore point would fix this?

Stildawn

Ok the IE problems seem to have fixed them selves.

Still got the copy and paste/read only problem.

Any one got anything?