Nvidia Fermi graphic cards surfaced??

3uL

I said that because GTX380 is single core GPU. If it true that this single core GPU beat HD5970, Nvidia really did it this time.

mx344

Jeee i wonder how much these things will cost :/. i cant wait till they come out so the 200 series drops down in price.

Compequip

What I was reading is Nvidia is taking an A@@ whooping from ATI on the new cards. They released the video of Fermi and it was fake, the card wasn't done yet, then released an apology. I think Nvidia is doing what ever they can to campaign against ATI so people will hold off and not buy the ATI even though it's a dominating card right now. Nvidia will do something at what $$$ who know's but for now ATI has the price and performance. JMHO wow sounded like I new what I was talking about there for just a second....:D

FairDoos

The cards havent even been fully made yet so there is no possible way of getting benchmarks. To be quite honest i wouldnt be suprised if the new nVidia Fermi cards beat the 5*** series they have had more time to develop them there not exactly going to release a card that doesent beat current cards ont he market.

Candy

I'm just going to wait till these Fermi cards come out and the price of the 200 series drops then I'll buy another GTX 260 to SLI. It probably won't come close to comparing with any of Nvidia's new cards but it should last me for any games that come out in 2010.

Bodaggit23

You really seem to be an ATI hater lol
Not at all. I think ATI has the best performance for the price. nVidia makes good cards, but they're too expensive right now.

And doesnt know what hes talking about lol... 5970 dominates the 295 lol.

You think 20-30fps more, out of 300fps, is "Domination". lol is right.

The HD 5970 is a better card, and it should be because it's more expensive, but it hardly "dominates" the GTX 295

Computer_Freak

what games do you play and get 300 frames?

CoD: WaW, Far Cry, crysis etc stay well below that.

with an average of 20 - 50 frames better on CoD: WaW, and about 15 frames on crysis (those are the games i look at)

i would say dominate is correct.

nVidia fanboys should keep quiet this round

ATI has got them in a very bad position. Christmas is around the corner, and nVidia has no cards in sight.

they have to rely on very cheap marketing to prevent people from buying ATI (even though they said the specs that were leaked were fake, it doesnt mean that they didnt release it)

i am for whoever has the better graphics card. Ive always been partial to ATI though, just cause they the underdogs, but i buy from whoever makes the best product

as you can see, i went GTX295.

if i had to buy a card now, i would go ATI

and take a better look at reviews

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/25628-sapphire-radeon-hd-5970-2gb-oc-edition-review.html

I prefer HC for reviews, as i always find that their reviews are accurate, non-biased, and very close to what i usually find...

Last edited:

Bodaggit23

what games do you play and get 300

If I were an nVidai fanboy, I might keep quiet, but I'm not. I like the best card I can afford for the money.

I agreed the HD 5970 was a better card, I just don't think it "dominates" the 295.
It's not worth the price in my opinion. Neither is a 295 for that matter. I don't need
the best card to play games. I get 250-300fps on my favorite game, BF 2142.

The numbers I'm referring to are in this link, which was posted by bomberboy:
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1141/5/

Computer_Freak

im not aiming the "fanboy" comment at you specifically

im putting it out in general.

and that review has very few games, possible making the results more skewed (towards nVidia's favour)

read the review i posted from Hardware Canucks (i know they canadian, and following teh stereotype, americans dont like them) but, as stated before, i like them cause their results seem unbiased, they are thorough, and there results seem to match what i personally find (as well as being the median of other review sites, their results are usually the middle compared to what other sites say)

so i find they are the most accurate, and fair (no preference, just what is good, and what isnt)

read teh review, you will see how much better the 5970 is.

Bodaggit23

and that review has very few games, possible making the results more skewed (towards nVidia's favour)

How can it be skewed in nVidia's favor when the 5970 clearly wins?

I just thought "dominates" was a bit overkill. The 5970 is obviously
a better performer, so who cares by how much? Not me since I would
never pay that much for a GPU anyway.

mx344

Well, i would like to say that i would be suprised if nvidia doesn't beat out ati, i mean, i mean nvidia is using this new arch. on these gpu's right? But for the single core 380 to beat a high-end dual gpu card, its just not happening. But Nvidia will have better cards when they come out, considering the 5XXX wasn't a HUGE perfromance gain from the 200 series...

But in the gpu market, it all comes down to price...

lol if nvidias top gpu gets 30fps than ati's top, cool, there the best for that 7 months time, but would it really be worth it to the consumer if it cost 100+ more? of course not, cause your probably already getting over 120FPS+ anyway with you 5890 :p

StrangleHold

Staff member
If Nvidias new cards dont match or atleast be slightly better, plus on price too then ATI cards its their death warrant. AMD and Intel has already smashed them out of the chipset. Cant even make a new Intel chipset and who buys a Nvidia chipset for AMD now (other than OEMs and a few SLI boards) look even on Newegg, about 139 AMD chipset boards and like 40 Nvidia ones.

If their new cards are not killers, its going to be bad news for Nvidia.