Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 issue HELP!

Pavlik07

I have an Hp Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF with intel i5-4590, 16 GB RAM, and a 240W PSU. I also have an Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 in it, but in my PC doesn't recognize it. I do not know what is the problem.Please help!

Darren

Staff member
Fixed your title.

Are you plugged into the graphics card for your monitor cable? How is it not being recognized? Does it boot? Any beeps? Any video output?

Your power supply is pretty low but those cards don't take much power at all, 30 watts, so it's probably sufficient.

Start with a card reseat.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
what do you mean with "Are you plugged into the graphics card for your monitor cable
He means do you have the monitor plugged into the video port on the video card or the port that is on the back of the motherboard? Your system has onboard video as well and if you are plugged into the port on the motherboard then you won't get video because of the dedicated card being attached to the system.

Darren

Staff member
What John said ^^. Very common for people to just plug into the onboard video and not the new graphics card.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Does the 1030 require a power lead from the psu? Is there a fan on the 1030 and is it running? It seems you are connected to the video port on the back of the pc instead of the port attached to the video card. Can you take a picture of where your monitor cable is plugged into and post it here?

Pavlik07

Does the 1030 require a power lead from the psu? Is there a fan on the 1030 and is it running? It seems you are connected to the video port on the back of the pc instead of the port attached to the video card. Can you take a picture of where your monitor cable is plugged into and post it here?
so if i plug the monitor cable into my gpu everything will be fine
???