Nvidia graphics disappeared in device manager. How do make it reappear?

khlumps

My device was under "other devices" in the device manager. Following some google instructions, I right clicked on it and clicked uninstall. Now, I don't know how to make it reappear and try new methods to install my driver. Main goal is to install driver of my nvidia video card.

My laptop is Samsung RC418
From my recollection, the nvidia device is GT520M but i don't know the complete device ID. I was gonna use the instructions from

Also i tried his method with a device ID that i googled and I got this message after hitting 'setup'
"Windows cannot access specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you have windows 10, it should automatically install the video driver. If not, go to nvidia website to download the correct driver.

Agent Smith

Driver downloads are here: http://www.samsung.com/ph/support/model/NP-RC418-S02PH

Download the Intel VGA and Nvidia drivers for your operating system. Make sure it's either 32 or 64 bit. You can find out what type of operating system you are using by right clicking the My Computer icon and selecting properties. In Windows 10 I have no idea how you do this. I only played with 10 for a sort time and I couldn't find the My Computer icon.

khlumps

You musunderstand. I can't install the driver because the computer rejects it. Saying it doesnt recognize a compatible graphics hardware. I already tried downloading and installing drivers from samsung and nvidia. If you skimmed thru the youtube video i posted, it was trying to solve that very problem

Agent Smith

Is the driver uninstalled? If not go into safe mode and use revo uninstaller to uninstall it. Then from the downloads page I provided grab the correct driver and install.