Nvidia GTX 4xx fermi cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

G25r8cer

^^ True that

The 5850 IS the best bang for buck card right now, even with the 4xx series out right now. Just in case you didnt know:

Bang for Buck = Price : Performance

Ryeong

^^ True that

The 5850 IS the best bang for buck card right now, even with the 4xx series out right now. Just in case you didnt know:

Bang for Buck = Price : Performance

Every individual themselves decide what's the best Bang for Buck and Price : Performance depending on your need, interests etc. I can't tell you what to buy, nor can you. The OP must tell what he/she is interested in first then we can suggest.

Ryeong

i'm going to guess it's gaming, just going to put that out there and i'm most likely right :)

480 = passionate gamers with DX11-tesselation in mind. The difference between 5870 and 480 is huge in tesselation, but not so huge in DX10. Keep that in mind.

Leopold Butters

You could wait 7 months for the ATI 6xxx series. I am excited for those. Better support for eyefinity I am hoping.

Anyways. If you really want to go for 3d, or any other fancy stuff that Nvidia offers then go for the 470 or 480, but if you don't care about any of that stuff just keep the 5850. I am sure by the time games really start to use tesselation the 6xxx series will be out and will most likely work better than the 4xx series, if not pick up a 4xx series and they will most likely be cheaper.

kyleswitch

Wrong. Totally wrong. That's what the ignorant majority want you to believe.. Everything depends on your pirmary focus. I was looking for Physix, better tesselation card, 3D, Cuda, Ray tracing and more fps than my 275's in sli, PLUS less stuttering.

I have MUCH more fps now compared to my 275's in sli. I can run extreme tesselation with higher fps than 5970. and so on.. 5850 isnt good enough to max games i'm interested in, and games that is currently waiting to be released.

I run crysis Very high, 1920x1080, with almost 55-60 fps average WITHOUT any stuttering which makes this card feel smoother and 10x faster than my old setup. Why would i buy something boring and unoriginal like 5850 that everyone else can?..

Everything depends on the persons needs, never tell him to buy from ATi unless his primary focus is multi-monitoring etc.

I'll just sli one later and have the fastest system available. Especially in tesselation..

Not to be rude, but you're realy wrong about the 5850. I have EVERY game I own maxed settings and AA. Bad company 2, Modern warefare 2, crysis, etc. Great frame rates on my 32 inch tv and no stuttering, the card is F*#king legit. This doesnt mean the 5850 is better, just really good for price/performance. And its not unoriginal, more people have Nvidia than ATI. I also watched every Official/professional benchmark and, No, the 480 is not better than the 5970 in any category.

Ryeong

Not to be rude, but you're realy wrong about the 5850. I have EVERY game I own maxed settings and AA. Bad company 2, Modern warefare 2, crysis, etc. Great frame rates on my 32 inch tv and no stuttering, the card is F*#king legit. This doesnt mean the 5850 is better, just really good for price/performance. And its not unoriginal, more people have Nvidia than ATI. I also watched every Official/professional benchmark and, No, the 480 is not better than the 5970 in any category.

480 beats 5970 Under extreme tesselation.

heaven2.jpg

Yes, this is just a single benchmark. But i've got to comment on this one.. On extreme tesselation i got 40fps average and not 36.

I know this is just a bech, but it do show potential.

The Chad

If I'm not mistaken, Unigine was created by Nvidia (or for them) just to show off their 'fancy tesselation' on their new cards. So it is a little biased in my opinion. But don't get me wrong. The 480 is a very powerful card, but so is the 5970.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Every individual themselves decide what's the best Bang for Buck and Price : Performance depending on your need, interests etc.

No No No.

No matter what your needs are, price vs. performance stands no matter what your income bracket is.

Sure, your Mom and Dad can give you the money because you want the 480 even if you are a enthusiast. Doesnt change that fact of price vs. performance.

As you said in another post

(That's what the ignorant majority want you to believe)

Thats the most stupid thing you have said so far, while you are spending your parents money. You have no concept of life at all really do you? But I dont guess you really could. Is there anybody in there. But its not really your fault is it?

Last edited:

Ryeong

No No No.

No matter what your needs are, price vs. performance stands no matter what your income bracket it.

Sure, your Mom and Dad can give you the money because you want the 480 even if you are a enthusiast. Doesnt change that fact of price vs. performance.

As you said in another post

(That's what the ignorant majority want you to believe)

Thats the most stupid thing you have said so far, while you are spending your parents money. You have no concept of life at all really do you? But I dont guess you really could. Is there anybody in there. But its not really your fault is it?

This is the most patetic thing i've ever heard. IF a person wants Physx should he buy ATi? no.. If a person want 3D should he buy ATi?`no..

If a person want Cuda, Physx, 3D, DX11 and great tesselation then 480 will be the real bang for the buck. Otherwhise he would need to buy 5870 and a GTX 2xx card (preferably 295) in order to have playable fps with 3D ON and Physx. And from there the person must switch cards all the time when he/she wants to do DX11 and Physx and 3D etc.. That's my point.

Also, if you think 60 fps is the BEST then you might have a lower performance : price ratio compared to a person whom want 120 fps.

Edit: What about your standard income and wealth? if you have a lot of money then you might focus less on the pricing and wattage but rather everything else.

Ryeong

Proved my point, and you dont even get it. Its almost sad really.

It is up to each individual.. The standard in your country is different than mine. What you may look upon as someting "expensive" might not be so "expensive" in other countries. Just keep that in mind.

StrangleHold

Staff member
It is up to each individual.. The standard in your country is different than mine. What you may look upon as someting "expensive" might not be so "expensive" in other countries. Just keep that in mind.

LOL, LOL. Your just a child inside. I,ve bought all kinds of expensive things in my life, just because I wanted it. But it still didnt change the fact that it wasnt price effective vs. what I got out of it. I just wanted it. It seems you dont know the difference. No, You (dont) know the difference.

Ryeong

LOL, LOL. Your just a child inside. I,ve bought all kinds of expensive things in my life[1], just because I wanted it. But it still didnt change the fact that it wasnt price effective vs. what I got out of it. I just wanted it. It seems you dont know the difference. No, You (dont) know the difference.

[1] That respond is something you might expect from most children. "I know everything", "I've done everything in my life". No, you have not bought all expensive things in your life.

If you just want something then there is no price : performance ratio but rather an Performance : interest ratio.

Edit: Sounds like you're comparing yourself to the majority, why? you're not every single person in the world, YOUR Performance : price acceptance is different compared to others.

Last edited:

Ryeong

Did you pay for everything in your computer with money you made working a job on your own. Yes or No?

Yes. I took part-time jobs after school for months and i worked HARD in the previous summer-vecation. If i want to i can ask for money from my family, but i need to pay back.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Not what you said in other post. HUM. Better go back and delete them really fast. Your a child and full of it!

Ryeong

Not what you said in other post. HUM. Better go back and delete them really fast. Your a child and full of it!

Yes i did say that my family gave me money, but i had to pay it back. I just don't like to talk about how i borrow money from people in general. I always pay it back, and i have done so.

I've not got the impression of you being older than 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.