Nvidia PhysX Driver

Intel_man

VIP Member
Still no luck :(. I have the 177.40 driver installed correctly, physX is just being stubborn. I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling the nVidia driver I guess..
Yea I have no luck as well getting it to work.

I even uninstalled the original driver and installed the new one. Restart. Install the PhysX driver.

Kornowski

VIP Member
So, When you're in nVidia Control panel, and click 'Help' and then 'System Information', your 'Forceware Version' says 177.40, right?

What GPU do you have?

Kornowski

VIP Member
What does it do, when you install the PhysX?

Look at my screenshot, go to 'Settings' and it should have GeForce Enabled.

Ambushed

I thought the problem we have could be something to do with the version of DirectX we have?? Any ideas.

g4m3rof1337

If an official release is coming out, that'll work, I probably want to uninstall what I just installed. I tried playing a game called Warmonger, which utilizes PhysX, and its a free download, but I adjusted my settings in the game, and it was pretty laggy and stuff.. So, I am not sure its enabled or anything.

But is an official release for the 8800 series on its way? And is it guaranteed to work or should I just buy a dedicated PhysX card.

raoul_1101

Damn:mad: .
but if it means anything, theres 6 G80's in there. I'll try reinstalling it all, but hopefully a dedicated driver will come out soon..

NVIDIA_G80.DEV_0191.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
NVIDIA_G80.DEV_0193.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
NVIDIA_G80.DEV_0194.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
NVIDIA_G80.DEV_0197.1 = "NVIDIA Tesla C870
NVIDIA_G80.DEV_019D.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600
NVIDIA_G80.DEV_019E.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600

raoul_1101

Oh, duh, my bad.
So anyway, just trying to learn a little bit...
PhysX utilizes a PPU, which in essence just takes some of the load off the CPU. I think I understand that much. But where is the PPU located? Or is the GPU the PPU?
If I'm totally on a tangent here, would you care to explain?