NVMe not shown in Windows installation setup

Greenadine

I've ordered a Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe drive for my system to use it as boot drive, since my old Windows installation broke after crashing. Now when I boot it up, I get into a recovery menu of some sort. There I have the option to reinstall Windows, but it doesn't have enough space for that left on the drive, so I got the NVMe drive instead of my plan to get a new videocard. And now that it arrived I have plugged it into my motherboard.

I bought a license key for a brand new Windows 10 installation, so I got a USB to be able to install Windows with it. But unfortunately, when I have to select the drive of where to install Windows on, it does not show the NVMe drive as an option. I have only 2 other drives which one of them I had to disconnect from the system, or otherwise it would boot from there, since it's my old boot drive, and where my old Windows installation is installed on. The other drive is a Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB HDD. The Seagate is being shown as an option.

It does show that the NVMe is correctly installed, and I am able to select it as boot drive through the BIOS. When I do, it will boot to the USB drive for installing Windows, which is fine.

Some possibily useful specs from my PC:
Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x.
Old boot drive: OCZ Agility3 60GB.
2nd drive: Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB.

I am going to install Windows 10 Home if that makes any difference.

Anyone know why it is like this, and how to be able to install Windows on the drive anyways?

Next tuesday I am going to leave my PC at some professionals to have a look at it if I still have the problem by then.

Last edited:

Greenadine

Never mind. I was finally able to install Windows on it. I do not know what made it appear in the list of options, but it worked.