NZXT Kraken G10 on 970 Strix?

Arkstar0

Hello PC forum!

I've recently purchased an Asus GTX 970 Strix for my gaming PC. After buying the component i looked into a custom loop for my rig when i found the NZXT Kraken G10. I've seen people put this cooler on reference graphics cards but never on a 970 Strix. I was wondering if anyone could verify that indeed the 970 strix is compatible with the Kraken G10. Any help is appreciated! :)

Kraken G10: https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/138-kraken-g10-gpu-bracket.html

970 Strix: https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/STRIXGTX970DC2OC4GD5/

fade2green514

it ought to work, but nzxt's website doesn't confirm it.

I do believe it works, but I recommend going with a custom loop for a cpu and gpu as most aio coolers that you would use with the g10 are pretty junky. I own a corsair one (h110) and switched to custom cooling because the heater exchanger and radiator were both of VERY unexceptional quality. you get what you pay for though.

BTW switching to custom liquid reduced my cpu temps by like 15 degrees and my gpu temps by like 35 degrees over the strix coolers (they're designed to run hot with that cooler)

Arkstar0

Thanks, after doing some more research i realized the custom loops are alot better and aren't as hard to setup as i thought :)

fade2green514

yea, more expensive, but a much larger gap in performance than you'd think. noctua proved this with better air coolers than most aio water coolers

Jiniix

they're designed to run hot with that cooler
I wouldn't say 'designed', sounds harsh. They're designed to be silent, which means low fan speeds/fans off, but anything with a Strix cooler is new enough to have customizable fan curves through the driver.

fade2green514

I wouldn't say 'designed', sounds harsh. They're designed to be silent, which means low fan speeds/fans off, but anything with a Strix cooler is new enough to have customizable fan curves through the driver.
in general they used components that have slightly higher tolerances for high heat.