Occasional visual artifacts

iameatingjam

I have a gtx 560 that performs very well but gives me visual artifacts on occasion, I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about? I don't really care right now as they are as long as its not causing any additional damage.

The frequency of these artifacts seems to vary greatly. It is 90% of the time when gaming, but they have come up a few times doing other tasks. Sometimes I get them twice in a day, other times I go weeks without them occurring.

The strange thing is, they don't seem to appear when my GPU gets really stressed, they usually appear within a couple minutes of gaming. I've done some intensive stress tests for hours on end and no artifacts. The hottest my card has every got was like 90c but that was after hours of stress testing, when the artifacts appear it is much cooler, around 70c

They usually are bright pink blobs or squares that look like they were made with the spray paint tool.

Should I be worried?

Okedokey

It sounds like your power supply unit to me. Please post model and make of PSU.

Artifacts are bad, and can signal a failure in VRAM and other components. 90oC is too hot imo, and this can also be caused by vdroop, caused by bad PSU.