OCing Programs

Mwhaha

wat programs are there to help oc ur cpu i read the thread it tells u wat it does but not how to do it like wat programs to use

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
The guide tells you what each thing is, they are all things you can modify values for in your bios unless you have a oem computer. www.cpuid.com has a program that may work, depending on your chipset and motherboard

Mwhaha

does this prgram help u OC? btw i dont think it is oem considering i bough parts and had my uncle build it. he said it was cpu was at 1.2 now its at 2.2 he changed it some how but i aint sure lol :)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
if your mobo is supported it will allow you to change your fsb speed and some other things to OC your system

Mwhaha

i dont think it is :( i cant find out how to if it is lol does the website have a list of supported mobos?

4W4K3

VIP Member
Mwhaha said:
does this prgram help u OC? btw i dont think it is oem considering i bough parts and had my uncle build it. he said it was cpu was at 1.2 now its at 2.2 he changed it some how but i aint sure lol :)

...a 1000MHZ overclock? doubt it. maybe it was underclocked from 2.0 to 1.2. and get just took it to 2.2GHz. 1000MHz overclock out of a stock 1.2GHz machine would be near impossible, and require some super cooling lol.

supported mobos are under "clockgen" page.

Mwhaha

nooo its a amd athlon xp 3200 it was sapose to be at 2.2 but it was at 1.2 so he set it to wat it sapose to be

4W4K3

VIP Member
Mwhaha said:
nooo its a amd athlon xp 3200 it was sapose to be at 2.2 but it was at 1.2 so he set it to wat it sapose to be

ah that makes sense. :D found out if clockgen is supproted?

ecomp401

usualy the mobo in your case comes with some software OCing tools. My Gigabyte mobo came with easytune4 and asus mobos have programs like this, pretty sure almost all mobo companies have them. If you kno wat brand of mobo it is then go to the manufactures website and try and find there ocing tool. Its ussualy best to use the manufactures OCing tool...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member