OCing

valleymanSS

i have a motherboad made by dell and using softFSB i think or somthing along thoses lines, well i have an ics chip which doesnt support the process of doing it that way, i know there is another way of OCing the FSB manually but im not sure wat it is or how to do it, obviously u cannot use the BIOS! Dell try as hard as they can but im neva gonna give up! HA they have no other option other than lose!

valleymanSS

number 1 i will try but the chances are arnt that good but trying cant hurt. the machine i have at the moment is a stock dell, so can i just get a new motherboard and stuff it in? yeah and the second point um... would try if i new how looks like it will take a while and may cause trouble so i doubt that i will go that far.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
call Dell, and say you put in a new CPU, and that it's not increasing the speed
And they'll tell ya it violates the warranty and thus voids your access to help :p

the machine I have at the moment is a stock dell, so can I just get a new motherboard and stuff it in?
The mobo is the crippling part of the OC process so a new mobo should do the trick

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
supposedly: dell mobo's and cases are actually made so you can't put a dell mobo in another case, and you can't put another mobo into a dell case
I dont think they went THAT far ... maybe though but i doubt it

4W4K3

VIP Member
actually im almost certain the form factor of there case is "DELL" ATX. i looked inside my gf's dell computer and the holes were oddly placed. but i never tried placing a diff mobo in it...too pointless. i just got her a totally new rig :) lol.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
actually im almost certain the form factor of there case is "DELL" ATX. I looked inside my gf's dell computer and the holes were oddly placed
Yes they are DELL ATX and they have oddly placed holes -- but that doesnt stop you from moving the mobo to another case ... might be a bit tricker to get another mobo into the Dell case though (then again if you want to go that rought you might as well get a new case as there's nothing good/special about the Dell ones)