Problem: Computer appears to turn on, but audio/visual outputs dont appear to work
Backstory: My computer has been having problems ever since i installed windows 7, i think because of my old cpu, a p4 3.0ghz. It would either bluescreen then shutoff, randomly shutoff, or bluescreen then restart.
Now, whenever I turn it on, it turns on, all fans are working (including the one in grapics card) and it feels like hdds are working, however nothing appears on the monitor. Furthermore, I have my ps3 hooked up to the line in on my sound card, and no sound is coming out of the speakers either. I know the monitor isnt the problem because it displays the ps3 fine.
It was doing this off and on, and then i took out the videocard and put it back in, and now it does it non-stop. I would assume its the video card if not for the lack of sound, so I have no idea what is happening. Do I need to bring it in for an expert to look at it?
Thx
Backstory: My computer has been having problems ever since i installed windows 7, i think because of my old cpu, a p4 3.0ghz. It would either bluescreen then shutoff, randomly shutoff, or bluescreen then restart.
Now, whenever I turn it on, it turns on, all fans are working (including the one in grapics card) and it feels like hdds are working, however nothing appears on the monitor. Furthermore, I have my ps3 hooked up to the line in on my sound card, and no sound is coming out of the speakers either. I know the monitor isnt the problem because it displays the ps3 fine.
It was doing this off and on, and then i took out the videocard and put it back in, and now it does it non-stop. I would assume its the video card if not for the lack of sound, so I have no idea what is happening. Do I need to bring it in for an expert to look at it?
Thx