odd problem

taskari

well i have a strange problem i dont know what can cause it well u se i play world of warcraft on my vista computer whit the wire less modem intel wifi link4965AGN so u see this is the problem when im connected through the wireless connection some times when im in a crowded area my modem broad band link light starts to flash in an orange color (my modem is a 1701HG Gateway lynk linksys) i got disconected so to solve this i just use a wired connection but the modem but the modem has problem confusing my wired and my wireless conecctions and i wont let me use the internet(here is a link abaut this problem that i posted here http://www.computerforum.com/111228-same-ip-problem.html ), here is the strange part, this ip problem is active only if the other networks computer are online if all the other computer are off i can use a word connetion whit no problem so please i have some thime whis this problem any body can help?

Quentin_T

I read that 3 times, and I still have no clue what the post was about. That was a paragraph run-on-sentence.

So the 4th time I read this i may have had an epiphany.

Go to the desktop, right click My Computer -> Manage. Wait for it to come up, then click on Device Manager (in left pane). Aka Computer Management-> System tools-> Device Manager.

Find Network Adapters in right pane, and choose the wired, or wireless adapter to disable (right click and scroll down to disable).

I have a Wireless network, that I close down in favor of a Gigabit ethernet connection. Windows is not smart enough to choose the correct connection (the fastest one) so I tell it which network to use by disabling the wireless.