Office 2000 Issue

Rgen72

My problem is this...recently I did a few upgrades to my computer. Processor, hardrive, ram, and cd burner (I doubt this is the cause of my problem, but I'm just laying things out on the table). I installed all the software that was in my last hardrive. Everything works great with the exception of Office 2000. Everytime I go to click on an Office document whether it be Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc... It would take approximately 75 seconds to load up. It works but its a nuisance to have to wait. I applied all three Service Patches, but to no avail. The only way a document would load up normally would be if I looked up the executable file e.g. Winword.exe to open up Word and then do a file -open and select the file name and location. Only then would the file load up normal. I even tried e-mailing a Word document to a friend and had that person do the same thing I did and the file came in normal time. Last thing... again I doubt this would make a difference but I did burn a bunch of documents to CD from my last drive then copied them to my new drive. I know what your thinking now...virus/spyware. Checked them out both came clean. Besides I didn't have this problem on my old hardrive.

Any suggestion?

-rg

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ahmmm..

This is kind of weird. Just wanna ask whether you have trie fully unistalling it first. Then I would install it again .... try it without the patches.

JAN :D

Bobo

banned
I also have office 2k, and it takes pretty long, could be the program, or too little ram, or something else totally different

Why not make a shortcut to the *.exe file on the desktop?

Bobo

banned
PC Technology INC. said:
Maybe the hard drive is begger than the old one. So it takes longer to find Winword.exe

At my school they use office 2k, and it is off a 400GB network drive.....only like 10sec to find

Rgen72

I haven't uninstalled Office2000 yet. As far as having too little ram...I started with 198MB of ram before I installed Office. I now have 384MB of ram. Go figure. I did make a short cut of the Winword.exe file so I can launch Word then do a file - open to load up the documents in normal time (5-10 seconds). And that's what I would have to do for Excel, Access and Word. I doubt having a bigger hardrive is the culprit. If that's the case why do other programs load up in normal time. Anyway, I thank all of you for helping. Must do some more research. Thanks!