Office 365 still working two years after cancellation

dr3ams

I used to have a Microsoft Office 365 business account that I ordered through my service provider. About two years ago I cancelled it, but left it installed on my PC. It is still 100% functional. I'm not sure how this is possible. Anyone have a clue?

By-the-way, the reason why I cancelled the subscription is because I switched to LibreOffice.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
According to a search, you can still use it to view and print documents. Not sure if you can create new ones or add data to existing. If its still 100 percent fully functional then it sounds like your service provider didn't actually cancel it.

dr3ams

I can still create and edit existing documents. But I think you are right about the provider not cancelling my subscription, even though I'm not paying for it anymore. Maybe it's part of a volume license and they don't keep track of all the user accounts registered to it.

I forgot it was still on my PC, until a few days ago when I noticed it updating. I'm not sure what to do with it, since I don't use it anymore.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
I mean it's preference but I feel like O365 is better than Libre, I'd use it till it dies.

dr3ams

Taking a closer look at Microsoft Office I realized that the version of OneNote I like is a part of 365. After doing some research I found out that Microsoft offers the Office 365 version of OneNote for free. It differs from the version already available in Windows 10. One feature that allows you to record video directly in OneNote is missing in the Windows 10 variant, as well as the ability to install third party tools.

I've been using LibreOffice, specifically Calc (excel clone), for almost two years now and it does everything I want it to. There is nothing else in Microsoft Office that I can't get as open source for free, so I decided to uninstall Office 365.

dr3ams

Thats gross... I can't really live without the ribbon anymore.
LibreOffice has an option for the ribbon along with eight other user interface choices. Just click on View and then User Interface. There you will be given nine options including the ribbon.