Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIK3daG33K

This is with My CPU at 3.4, and my GPU at 700/1509/1200

gtx260cv4.jpg

wiwazevedo

this is abt as high as it gets with the current cpu clock plus or minus 10-20 points. ima get the cpu higher and aim for 22000<br>
benchmark10.jpg

ada///M

can't go a whole month without trying to squeek out a little more performance :D
16762.jpg

yikes! That's kinda small now with the new monitor, but it says 16762

Last edited:

infinitemethod

Are you guys overclocking your GPU's? I have a core i7 2.66, 6 gb of ram, geforce gtx 295 and am only getting 16k. I've turned off everything I possibly can in Vista 64 bit. I am using a beta verison of the new driver for that card, think that might be it?

ada///M

Are you guys overclocking your GPU's? I have a core i7 2.66, 6 gb of ram, geforce gtx 295 and am only getting 16k. I've turned off everything I possibly can in Vista 64 bit. I am using a beta verison of the new driver for that card, think that might be it?

your i7 is still at stock speeds? You'll probably have to OC the heck out of that thing before the gpu becomes the bottleneck. Get that thing around 4.0 and eat my scores for lunch :good: but yes, my gpu is OCed

infinitemethod

your i7 is still at stock speeds? You'll probably have to OC the heck out of that thing before the gpu becomes the bottleneck. Get that thing around 4.0 and eat my scores for lunch :good: but yes, my gpu is OCed

Yes, the i7 is at stock speed. So that type score of 35k or whatever is way overclocked? I've been out of this game for some time now, my how things change.... haha.

Yes, the i7 is at stock speed. So that type score of 35k or whatever is way overclocked? I've been out of this game for some time now, my how things change.... haha.

It is probably a Liquid Nitorgen cooled setup made for doing like 1 run only. With both of my cards and everything almost OC'd to the max I hit 27k.

OK, thanks for clearing that up. I thought I had built a pretty solid system but it just wasn't performing.

No you are at the right score considering everythign you are running is stock speeds. Like Mep said if you OC your processor your video card will become the bottleneck as it should be. You won't be able to start seeing the full potential until 3.2ghz. At 4ghz you should be scoring around the 24k mark. Also in game from 2.6 to 4.0 you will see about 30 to 40 fps jump.

infinitemethod

No you are at the right score considering everythign you are running is stock speeds. Like Mep said if you OC your processor your video card will become the bottleneck as it should be. You won't be able to start seeing the full potential until 3.2ghz. At 4ghz you should be scoring around the 24k mark. Also in game from 2.6 to 4.0 you will see about 30 to 40 fps jump.

So what kind of heatsink/fan are you using? Recommend one? There's no way I'm overclocking with the stock heatsink, though it seems to be doing a pretty good job thus far.

So what kind of heatsink/fan are you using? Recommend one? There's no way I'm overclocking with the stock heatsink, though it seems to be doing a pretty good job thus far.

I like Thermalright coolers. Anything you get from them will allow you to OC like crazy. I have hit 4.5ghz on air with mine. I have the IFX14. It is made for the 775 socket so I had to modify the bracket to make it work. This is an awesome cooler: Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

Many other people have had good luck with the Coolermaster V8. It is almost identical in design to my cooler. You can find it here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103055

Either of theses are awesome coolers and whatever you get, go with the heatpipe design as this is the most effective style of coolers on the market.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I like the V8, although I haven't OC'd my i7 and tested under load yet. The Thermalright TRUE series have an outstanding reputation, and you can't really go wrong with any of them.

ETSA

BAM!

Going to OC the crap outta this processor though, more too come, this is just the beginning!

Last edited:

Gooberman

How high can you OC the i7 on air?

Oh never mind, Lol I hate when mine always opens up 2nd to last page :/ I bet when I get this computer the prices will drop a bit Which I hope :)

Last edited:

jevery

Pretty good results considering I'm still on my stock cpu cooler.

At that rate you’ll pass my current best, (16,328), soon. I noticed that we’re running similar systems except for the processor and my Sapphire is 512 instead of 1Gb memory. I’m able to clock the GPU higher though, (820-825 Core and about 1125 Memory), I wonder why?

Status
Not open for further replies.