Official 3DMark06 Rank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesrex

I was trying to take the top spot yesterday with my 3 HD3870's, but it seems like only two of them would run in crossfire. I'm pretty sure 3 of these cards can run in CF, but I'm not sure if my mobo can do it or how to get it working yet.

mikesrex

How high were your clocks on the GTXes?

If I remember correctly they were around 760. I'm really happy with the results of these old, outdated cards for sure. Since I've been in school I try to build systems with budget in mind. I guess it's part of being trained as an engineer to always look for the cheapest way to get the job done well.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
If I remember correctly they were around 760. I'm really happy with the results of these old, outdated cards for sure. Since I've been in school I try to build systems with budget in mind. I guess it's part of being trained as an engineer to always look for the cheapest way to get the job done well.

What was the total cost? I'm guessing you got a deal on the GPUs...

mikesrex

What was the total cost? I'm guessing you got a deal on the GPUs...

i got the superclocked one for 150 shipped and the other one for 112 shipped. I run both of them at the clock speed of the superclocked one (756MHz) on a daily basis.

jevery

First try at the top 3 with new components – Didn’t make it. :mad: Can only overclock to 4.0 until a new cooler arrives and cards are not overclocked at all yet, but score exceeded my expectations for the first run. :)

3DMark06-1.jpg

jevery

Got the cards overclocked a little. For some reason two running together don't want to overclock like a single card will.

Q9650/4870 CF
3DMark06-2.jpg

MIK3daG33K

I brought it strong with the e4500, although 3Dmark is wrong it is not at 4.6 its at 3.4. In the picture CPU-Z is showing it speed stepped.

newgtx260.jpg

Last edited:

wiwazevedo

....so i just re-benchmarked my system and got 17000. everything with the exact same settings. how does it go from 20k to 17k?

ZeroWing

wouldnt you see higher scores running XP rather than vista? Also, my e-peen is only @ 17k and im xfiring hd4850s with q6600 @ 3.2! :(

3dmark06score.jpg

Last edited:

wiwazevedo

regardless. im running the same computer, same os with everything the same except a few months of dust and light use and im getting 3k less points. hmm

jevery

regardless. im running the same computer, same os with everything the same except a few months of dust and light use and im getting 3k less points. hmm

How do the 3 subscores compare? If the cpu score is lower, thermal management might be throttling back your cpu.

Candy

Broke 16k! Haha, nothing special but I was hoping to do it before upgrading my CPU. I can probably go higher I just need a decent heatsink (on stock right now). I reckon its the new RAM, I couldn't for the life of me get past 3.6 before.

3DMark06Win7GTX26037ghz.jpg

EDIT: Btw CPU-Z is showing it running at 2.7 but thats cos of the power saver thing, automatically changes multiplier from x8 to x6 when I'm not doing anything (cant remember what its called). 3DMark06 shows the speed the test ran at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.