*Official* [.:CF:.] Clan: Counter-Strike

Trizoy

VIP Member
I finally got the pure dedicated server working, opposed to the gui from steam. I will make a few mods.. was thinking a gun game and mani-plugin. Ill let you all know when it is complete..

Up and running. If you are on the list and want admin commands send me your steam id and the name you will be using ingame. Only people from this forum will be given access(and not to all commands).

Last edited:

g4m3rof1337

Alright.
I am getting faster internet this Friday.
Most likely my speeds will be fine.

If all goes well, I'll have the server running up by night.

Comcast guys gets here at 10am and has till 1pm to set the internet and TV up.
If I can get off work, I can get the server up that night.

Trizoy

VIP Member
I dont know if I should keep running this thing. I have had 1 person connect and Im not sure if it was a CF guy. Maybe we can use it for tournaments? Set dates 2-3 weeks in advance, team captains.. etc. The teams are picked 24hrs prior to the event... What do you think? If we are all connecting to a west coast server (east coast had a ping of ~70), we can aim for a early night thing.. So?

Yes CS:S

Punk

Staff member
Well if it is on all the time, I'll be on it most of the time when I'm online...

Trizoy

VIP Member
So how about we try to setup a single night to play a few hrs? Then post it and get a few to show up?

massahwahl

VIP Member
Im a counterstrike noob (Its downloading as we speak :D) but I would like to join the clan, maybe someone would be availale to take me around a couple maps and show me the ropes? I played War Rock for a long time and I imagine CS:S is a HUGE step up from that. Thanks! Lemme know if its ok that I join!

4NGU$

VIP Member
could someone catch me up on any goings on about the sever/clan since i have been really busy with collage work and my photography and such

massahwahl

VIP Member
I dont know if it helps, but im going to convert my laptop into a server and would be willing to open a counterstrike server?

4NGU$

VIP Member
im sure it would help

but like i say im not up to date so if any one else could tell you
it would probably hold more weight lol

how do you convert a pc into a sever ?

as i now have 3 pc's and 2 laptops there all crap tho tbh

massahwahl

VIP Member
Ive never done it but from what Ive been told you can download programs that will basically do it for you. the one I heard is called apache. Might want to check that out!

g4m3rof1337

You'll need decent internet speeds, for hosting and playing.

My server will be on as much as possible, mainly 24/7 or when I am sleeping, I'll add the CF information, and the information will be on my LAN site, which I am advertising.

So.

I am looking for admins though. They'll be in an admin skin.

g4m3rof1337

Some good news.
I have two internet connections, both roughly the same speeds.

Ones 5mb down - around 600 or so up.

The other is, 6mb down - 768k up.

I was thinking of hosting the server on the first set, and playing on the second.

I am in an apartment, my apartment only has one internet connection, and its the second one.

And yes, I was given access to use the first one.

I got the server 'up' then shut down, due to firewall issues. I'll mess around with it tomorrow, and this weekend.

massahwahl

VIP Member
:eek:Oh my God...

Counter Strike is freaking unbelievable...

Im in love

I dont know how you add people, but if you guys want to add me, my name is Ukulele Ninja in game.