Official GTX 480 vid

Gabe63

Kind of reminds me of watch a TV com of a TV and how great it looks. You know, if a picture of another TV looks good on my TV, my TV must have a good pict quality.

I did enjoy watching this in HD on my 5870. If the new cards are better than the 5870 I will get one and CF my 2 5870'S. Win - win

funkysnair

VIP Member
is this a good move pitching it against the 5870?

does that mean that the price is going to be near the 5870?

if the price is near the 5870 then thats good for me cos ill have one, if its higher then i think i'd go with the 5970!

i can see this gpu going for £400+

awildgoose

Looks pretty wicked. As most others said, not sure about pricing.
I think it will hit around $700AU, which will suck, might just go with the 450 if it comes out at the same time.

Aastii

VIP Member
this does look pretty damn sweet, however I can quite eassily see it following the nvidia trend of being destroyeed by ATi for Price/Performance

spynoodle

I like to see some competition between ATI, though. The only thing that leads me to believe that Nvidia's sales will be low is the fact that they're releasing these cards months after ATI's Radeon 5000 series. Anybody who wants to have the "best" video card most likely already bought a Radeon HD 5870. But, looking at that graph, it seems like the GTX 480 is significantly faster than the Radeon HD 5870. Imagine the GTX 495 :D. For me, I don't really care until they come out with the lower-end GTX 400 series cards, something under $50, please? :eek:

Leopold Butters

From my understanding the Nvidia GX 400s do not have a dedicated chip to tesselation like ATI does. So if you incrase AA and AF the performace would take a larger hit. So it could be very very close to the 5870. He leaves AA and AF at default in the video.

Gabe63

We won't really know until these are reviewed by independent sources though.

But there is no doubt that ATI has captured a lot of the high end sales already.

The Chad

That benchmark is biased, so its hard to say for sure which is better. Obvisouly Nvidia wouldnt run a benchmark on that card that would show how it LOWER scoring than the 5870, they will make sure that its higher and by quite a bit. So that benchmark, like some games, favour Nvidia's cards.

Although I must say, it looks very nice and I cant wait for them to be out. Does anyone know of a confimed date?

spynoodle

That benchmark is biased, so its hard to say for sure which is better. Obvisouly Nvidia wouldnt run a benchmark on that card that would show how it LOWER scoring than the 5870, they will make sure that its higher and by quite a bit. So that benchmark, like some games, favour Nvidia's cards.

Although I must say, it looks very nice and I cant wait for them to be out. Does anyone know of a confimed date?
March 26, right?