Official Photoshop Competition - Week 9 Voting

Please vote for your preferred entry:

• Total voters

magicman

VIP Member
Photoshop Competition Voting

Original image. Click to enlarge.

- Five entries were submitted this week. Each thumbnail corresponds to a voting choice. They are assigned numbers in no particular order. Please vote for which of the two you feel is the best image.

- The votes are public so it will be clear to the adjudicator whether someone has voted for their own image.

- I will leave this thread stickied for 48 hours, but unlocked. Feel free to to discuss the merits of this week's entries, and the competition in general. Just a reminder, no hinting or 'biggin' up' from the entrants.

This week's theme was "War"

..........Entry Number 1
Click to enlarge

..........Entry Number 2
Click to enlarge

..........Entry Number 3
Click to enlarge

..........Entry Number 4
Click to enlarge

..........Entry Number 5
Click to enlarge

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
3 is quite good, but the plastic soldiers in the sandbox, I really like that. 1 and 5 are good too, but 2 just looks like people at the beach not war.

magicman

VIP Member
It seems to have been a good idea this week to provide a theme that was vague enough to provide scope for individual ideas, while at the same time giving some structure for the people who would need it and for the purposes of voting.

I've been greatly impressed by the level of imagination in this week's entries. Next week's image will not be accompanied by a theme, for a one week trial basis, just to see how it affects the response. But there have been some quite different ideas come about with a theme as non-specific as this.

Serenade_Me

<b>VIP Member</b>
clearly, number two represents the three conflicts: man vs self, man vs man, and man vs. nature. :D :D :D

and I liked number 3 the best
well done

apj101

VIP Member
hold on here guys, number 3 does not contain the original image at all. It is not contained within the photo...you cant match up any of the key features.
It clearly should be excluded from the vote

Last edited:

jimmymac

VIP Member
in all honesty i was rather sceptical myself to begin with, but after looking numerous times it actually does appear to be the same beach but within the photo. I can match up striations on the sand, some ares where the land is raised in the background etc.

theres a few too many matching points to make it a coincidence.

Personally i hadnt voted yet as i was very unsure, my thoughts were that if number 3 really was a photoshopped original then its by far and away the best, but i had to be sure it really was the same picture.

My personal conclusion is that it actually is photoshopped from the original, although its difficult to see the original in there anymore

apj101

VIP Member
on closer inspection i can see part of the original in there you're correct. I can match parts upto about the soldiers knee height. The sky effects do not match the true sky texture, and so this portion is fake (which is fine, i dont mean fake in a nasty way), The skyline doesnt match either, so this isnt the original, the dark matter the the left of the solider is to unclear to determine a match but given the shadow from the new sun, and the shrub like structure just off the soldiers left thigh, it seems only 10% of the original image is contain within it.

Its either the best photoshop i have ever seen, or it a bit of a scam :)

Verve

I think that one is more or less not using the provided picture in the way it was meant to be used. Even if the sand is from the original, I don't think it's really in the spirit of the competition... regardless of the fact that it's a great picture.

thelaughingtree

hold on here guys, number 3 does not contain the original image at all. It is not contained within the photo...you cant match up any of the key features.
It clearly should be excluded from the vote

I voted #3 - Very well put together, but if 3 is disqualified, then I'll pick 4

magicman

VIP Member
A big congratulations to alexandergre, who has won this week's competition with this entry:

Conratulations to him, and congratulations to everyone who entered for some imaginative and thought provoking entries.

Stay tuned to the main sticky for next week's competition from tomorrow night....

Last edited: