Official: Post your best overclock thread

Ku-sama

banned
Praetor said:
What were the memory timings, vDimm .... and type of memory

"odd" cuz when MadShrimps did it with a FX55 they had to push it a lot more ... now granted its a Hammer, but there's no way in hell :p

i dont know the timings exactly, but i set the RAM at DDR333, and it's Patriot Signature series

and about that overclocking, my new processor isnt as happily overclockable.. :'(

pic 1: 3GHz 4xHTT 250MHz BUS
shit.jpg

pic 2: 3GHz 5xHTT 250MHz BUS
shit2.jpg

EDIT: Hmm.... my start bar didnt copy right, that damned paint :p ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Geoff

VIP Member
TheChef said:
I'm just wondering... Ku-Sama, what's at 126c in your computer?
those are errors, i have them on mine too. It may be helpful if you disable the temps you know dont go to anything, it will make it easier to read.

Ku-sama

banned
[-0MEGA-] said:
those are errors, i have them on mine too. It may be helpful if you disable the temps you know dont go to anything, it will make it easier to read.

yup, thoes damned errors :p you should see my temps right now :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed ... but usually the overflow error reads 128C or -127C ... not 126 :) Cuz ya never know :p

(for the record Ku-Sama, none of your pictures indicate the 3.4Ghz overclock :))

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Heres my updated overclock:

User Name: [-0MEGA-]
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Code Name: Venice
Core Clock(Stock): 2000 Mhz (2.0Ghz)
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2664 Mhz (2.66Ghz)
Voltage: 1.552v
Multiplier: x 10.0
HTT: 266.4 Mhz
Idle Temp: 25*c
Load Temp: 33*c

And it's still going strong :cool:
-I'll update soon with a higher O'c.

Last edited:

MasterEVC

Nice Omega I have the same CPU

User Name: MasterEVC
Core Clock(Stock): 2000 Mhz (2Ghz)
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2600 Mhz (2.6Ghz)
Voltage: 1.6v
HTT: 260.0 MHz
Idle Temp: 35C
Load Temp: 45C

What HSF do you have on there? Also what stepping do you have?

Geoff

VIP Member
MasterEVC said:
Nice Omega I have the same CPU

User Name: MasterEVC
Core Clock(Stock): 2000 Mhz (2Ghz)
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2600 Mhz (2.6Ghz)
Voltage: 1.6v
HTT: 260.0 MHz
Idle Temp: 35C
Load Temp: 45C

What HSF do you have on there? Also what stepping do you have?
I got mine up to 2.7Ghz @ 1.55V, but it wasnt stable for a while.

I have the stock HSF, im not sure about the stepping, but CPU-z says 0.

Geoff

VIP Member
Heres mine:

cpuz.jpg

I only have it at 2.5Ghz in BIOS because i get better performance out of the HTT and RAM that way.

MasterEVC

I see you have one of the E3's I heard they were good clockers.. I guess you will find out soon enough. I am also using the stock HSF, works like a charm, great temps.

Geoff

VIP Member
Heres my current oc, i'll edit when i get higher:

User Name: [-0MEGA-]
Core Clock(Stock): 2000Mhz (2.0Ghz)
Core Clock (Oc'ed): 2702Mhz (2.7Ghz)
Voltage: 1.600V
HTT: 273.2Mhz x3
Idle Temp: 25*c
Load Temp: 36*c

EDIT: 2.7Ghz was the best i could do before it became unstable, but i brought it back down to 2.6Ghz since i dont like the voltage that high. It's good for testing out the maximum o'c though.

Last edited:

MasterEVC

I might go for 2.7 soon as well. Wanna run some more tests and stress this at 2.6GHz before I do so... so far its rock solid, played a bunch of games and no problems or anything.

Altanore

I see you guys have the venice core... I have the winchester, so I wonder how my overclock will go.. i will see tonight and post my results. I actually picked the winchester core... according to many reviews i read.. venice core was a bit worse, even though it had the ram fix.

Geoff

VIP Member
I heard that Venice is the best at overclocking, but then again it also depends on your PSU, RAM, and Motherboard.

I prefer my CPU at 2.5Ghz over 2.6Ghz since when its at 2.5, i can have HTT at 4x so i have exactly 1000Mhz HTT, and i also get DDR416 memory instead of something like DDR383.

MasterEVC

I have my HTT set to 5X right now, so its 2600MHz, right now my RAM speed is 216.7MHz according to CPU-Z. Performance is solid, no lockups at all, and my temps are really good, still under 40C