*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Ethan3.14159

A couple I took today.

8240032269_9f7a3d8ab8_b.jpg

8240034501_f85e257401_b.jpg

8241104196_d75823d3e4_b.jpg

spirit

Staff member
I can't speak for their higher end models (7D, 5D etc), but I wasn't too impressed with the lower end Canons I tried. I tried an 1100D, a 550D, a 600D and a 650D. I just thought they were a bit plastic. I found the equivalent Nikons to feel better.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah their lower end stuff isn't the best. The higher level models (20D though to the 1D) are much better.

Geoff

VIP Member
Great! :)

Question though: Why do you prefer Canon over Nikon? Is it just because you are used to them?

I went canon because that's what Geoff has and he got me started.
:)

I can't speak for their higher end models (7D, 5D etc), but I wasn't too impressed with the lower end Canons I tried. I tried an 1100D, a 550D, a 600D and a 650D. I just thought they were a bit plastic. I found the equivalent Nikons to feel better.
Both Canon and Nikon are great, but once you invest in one over the other it's a lot more expensive to switch over, since most lenses, accessories, flashes, etc. are only compatible with one brand.

Nikon and Canon are both great companies, personally I'm a Canon guy just because it's what I've always used, and they have the widest variety of prime and zoom lenses, and there are more third party lenses for Canon. Not to mention lenses tend to be a bit cheaper for Canon over Nikon.

I used to have a Canon XTi, which was my first DSLR, and it was horrible. I decided to upgrade to the XSi and it made a huge difference.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
A vote for Pentax right here. In general their cameras seem to be solid and really well built.

I agree. Bobby (Vroom_Skies) shoots with a K-5 (or a K-7 can't remember which) and it's a nice camera. I was considering switching, but it would just be too costly. Besides, there are far more lenses for a Canon mount.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkomate

Correct. Love my K-7. If you can find a second hand one, go for it.
It doesn't have the highest amount of megapixels, or the most settings, but what it does have is a seriously high level of refinement.
The camera body itself is made of magnesium and something else which means it's really really solid and weighty. This means that it doesn't move around, and so you don't need a tripod unless you're doing unsupported long exposure.

If you've got the money, go for it or a K-5.

speedyink

VIP Member
Thought you guys might appreciate this.

"I was having fun with this one, I was viewing a mostly black wallpaper for my phone and thought of a neat idea. I ran to my bathroom, set the phone on the granite counter top, and turned off the lights. This is my result. Phone is obviously the top apples, the reflection is the one off the granite counter." <- off my deviantart, not typing it again

nexus_apples_by_speedyink-d5n6lnc.jpg

Was using my Galaxy Nexus, which of course uses SAMOLED.

Last edited: