*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

kobaj

VIP Member
Just took this, totally unedited with my new s700 :D.

I still need to figure out some settings and such, but I like it.

Hyper_Kagome

Uploading a few from today:
I love kittens: (There were three... but they don't sit still for very long.)
DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0090-1.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

(that one ^, and that one v, are a little blurry... I jerked since a kitten basically latched to my behind... SHARP claws.)

DSC_0061.jpg

I don't care what you people sayyy! I love my camera... I just need to read the manual some more.
Nikon D60

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Just took this, totally unedited with my new s700 :D.

Nice! What is it though? :D

I see you got the S700, how do you like it so far? I think it's excellent for the price for a super zoom camera. Only problem is the purple fringing on high contrast areas... :cool:

kobaj

VIP Member
Nice! What is it though? :D

I see you got the S700, how do you like it so far? I think it's excellent for the price for a super zoom camera. Only problem is the purple fringing on high contrast areas... :cool:

Because Im cheap I got a refurbish, but they dont come with lens covers. So I have a makeshift one made out of a black glass cleaning cloth and a rubber band.

I turned on my camera and for grins n giggles held it up to a light and took a pic with "lens cover" still on. Turned out a lot better then what I was expecting!

I think its a brilliant camera, Ive had it a week and taken 300 some odd pictures :D! I havnt noticed purple fringing yet. I prefer to use it on S, you?

(Some from my vacation).

I made an AMAZING HDR (imho), but this is the UNEDITED thread : /.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Nice pics man! :)

I'm surprised you haven't noticed purple fringing, happens almost all the time on high contrast scenes. Like a pic of a tree or something, it'd have fringing all around the edges of the tree (if the sky is the background).

Very nice though, I usually use on either "S" or "A" and sometimes even "n" (no flash / natural light)

Ben

VIP Member
Uploading a few from today:
I love kittens: (There were three... but they don't sit still for very long.)

(that one ^, and that one v, are a little blurry... I jerked since a kitten basically latched to my behind... SHARP claws.)

I don't care what you people sayyy! I love my camera... I just need to read the manual some more.
Nikon D60

yay for kittys! I want to post too :p

Picture045.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture158.jpg

Picture406.jpg

Picture419.jpg

Picture438.jpg

And then I don't know which one I like better...opinions?

RosesofMath074upload.jpg

RosesofMath0741upload.jpg

Hyper_Kagome

AHA! Someone commented on my pictures, sorta. Yay! That's a first in a VERY long time.

And as for your question, Ben... I personally like the first of the two. Has a warmer feeling to it for me. I like the leaves in the background, they add a something.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Hey Ben - the yawning cat one is great! I love how you can see the detail of his/her tongue!

I'm not a cat fan myself, but when people take good pics I find them very adorable! :)

Last edited:

Ben

VIP Member
AHA! Someone commented on my pictures, sorta. Yay! That's a first in a VERY long time.

And as for your question, Ben... I personally like the first of the two. Has a warmer feeling to it for me. I like the leaves in the background, they add a something.

thanks for the comment :)

and as for YOUR pics...you know, for not having the camera for a very long time, looks like you're getting acustomed to it pretty fast :D I love the first ones of the gold kitty. He/she is so cute! I also know what you mean about the never standing still thing...cats are always on the move never wanting to stay in one place! (except when they are sleeping of course :p )

speedyink

VIP Member
On the topic of cats:p

P1000607.jpg

P1000619.jpg

And some other random crap I took pictures of while zoomed in the full 18x (resized for your convenience of course)

P1000623.jpg

P1000622.jpg

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

Thanks Ben. I'm defiantly loving my camera more and more. I can do on camera editing such as black@white, Sepia, etc. It has an awesome Burst-mode so I can get picture-picture-picture. I really need to read up on my manual though and fiddle around with some settings for my upcoming trip in September.

I love the pictures of your cat yawning and lazing on the deck wall.