*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

Irishwhistle

thanks. you have been a big help. one last thing. going to download the program, and it has the one with the free trial(version 3.1) and the add on for photoshop. should i just get the full version, or get the add-on?

I'd go with the full version... that's what I use. :)

DirtyD86

banned
iadapproach.jpg

DirtyD86

banned
belle1.jpg

belle2.jpg

belle4.jpg

belle3.jpg

belle5.jpg

a liberty belle was at KPDK today, i hung around afterwards and took a few shots. this thing was like being on a miniature submarine. you literally had to get down on your hands and knees and crawl through the doors into a couple of the areas.

Hyper_Kagome

I'm sorry that they're so small, I cropped out the excess background so the bird could be focused on.

And I also just realized, I had my camera set to Medium pictures, so it's roughly only 5.6MP instead of the 10.2.

I had gotten closer, and was about to get some good one of it climbing up the vertical-ish branch... but then my step dad decided to shovel the steps and scared it away.

bird003-1.jpg

bird002-1.jpg

bird001-1.jpg

bird005-1.jpg

bird004-1.jpg

I wish I knew what kind of Wood Pecker that was. It was rather small.
I actually went outside to get pictures of the little sparrows and chickadees eating the dried plumps on the tree next door... but then I noticed that.

Hyper_Kagome

Thanks. :)

That first link looks to be closer, since it doesn't have a red topped head like in the second. But I can't see the little red splash just after the white on the wood pecker in mine like that of the first link.

Hmm.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a female downy woodpecker to me. The males have the red patch on their head, the females don't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Downy_Woodpecker02.jpg

a liberty belle was at KPDK today, i hung around afterwards and took a few shots. this thing was like being on a miniature submarine. you literally had to get down on your hands and knees and crawl through the doors into a couple of the areas.
That's cool, I climbed inside a Lancaster bomber (this very plane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piAbRmJW174) a few years back. I couldn't make it to any of the rear gunner positions, it was just too small inside. Even getting to the nose positions was very hard the ladder/access hatch down was tiny.

Last edited: