*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

and of london...
Axguy3_CIAETQZr.jpg:large

Ramodkk

VIP Member
If you like photography (which you obviously do!), and you're willing to learn more, then a DSLR is probably the best investment you'll make in your life! No kidding :D

spirit

Staff member
If you like photography (which you obviously do!), and you're willing to learn more, then a DSLR is probably the best investment you'll make in your life! No kidding :D

Right well I'd better get saving then I think. May be a little while yet though. ;)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
DSLR's are good investments because it takes a few years for their value to go down. I learned everything about DSLR'S from my 50D as it was my first one and I got it for crazy cheap.

Last edited:

Fatback

VIP Member
When you do save up enough for a DSLR then don't just order one off the internet. Go to a local store that sells them and hold a few to see what you like. That is how I picked my Sony. I liked the feel of it and the controls over the Canons and Nikon's I tried. I was going to go Pentax but I got the Sony cheaper.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah I bought mine off my boss. He bought it for dirt cheap off some random guy, and it was just sitting at the shop. I had the opportunity to play with it here and there and when I waved the money under his nose he just couldn't say no :) Too bad you can't get over to NYC and check out B&H Photo. No better place to try out all the different cameras.

spirit

Staff member
Too bad you can't get over to NYC and check out B&H Photo. No better place to try out all the different cameras.
...well actually there is. A new camera store opened up in Norwich called Wex and it's the biggest camera/photography store in the country. They sell second hand too, so I may be able to get a good deal. Not sure. But the point is it's in Norwich and that's very close to where I live. :)

Thanks for all the advice though Travis, Dale and Omar. :)

spirit

Staff member
Always good to have something similar to B&H for you to experience :good:

Yeah... I asked Dad to take me there a while ago and he said "you'd come out with something expensive" lol. :D

Is there a "best brand" of D-SLR? I know people on here like Canon and Pentax, are Nikon any good? Which brands tend to be the cheapest?