*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

spirit

Staff member
It was raining most of the time so I used the blue tint to make my photos look nicer and a bit less dull and grey.

tumblr_m9fb49yLB41rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9fb49yLB41rr8jsmo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9fb49yLB41rr8jsmo6_1280.jpg

Windermere3.jpg

Windermere2.jpg

Windermere1.jpg

ConistonWaters.jpg

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
This is what I did for the self-portrait project in my Digital photography class. My instructor really enjoyed it. She also made everybody in the class do a similar photo and everybody hated me for it :D :rolleyes: :cool: :good:

6902304222_852ee86af9_b.jpg

My photography professor says great photographers steal ideas. I'm stealing your idea for my self portrait :D

Fatback

VIP Member
My photography professor says great photographers steal ideas. I'm stealing your idea for my self portrait :D

Please do. I actually stole the idea from another photo I saw. It's impossible to not steal ideas these days. Everything has been done already, all you can do is take the idea and make it yours.

Fatback

VIP Member
I might be little knowledge about moon but i wonder why it is called Blue Moon?

Folklore gave each moon a name according to its time of year. A moon that came too early had no folk name, and was called a blue moon, retaining the correct seasonal timings for future moons.

The Maine Farmers' Almanac defined a "blue moon" as an extra full moon that occurred in a season; one season was normally three full moons. If a season had four full moons, then the third full moon was named a "blue moon".

A "blue moon" is also used colloquially to mean "a rare event", reflected in the phrase "once in a blue moon

That should explain it for you. I had to look it up myself earlier.

Hyper_Kagome

Just a couple from the Convention I went to just over a week ago. I'll get more up in abit if anyone wants to see more.
ALSO, amazing moon shots, guys.

i_present_to_you____by_decodeerror-d5cu42l.jpg

romantically_apocalyptic_by_decodeerror-d5cu4ub.jpg

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Love that moon shot Jason. Wish I'd gotten one the other night, as it looked really great from my house.

Hyper_Kagome

I want more lens kits to fool around with... but I don't think I'm going to bother posting anything more for awhile.

I like your droplets. Been wanting to try doing some falling into collected water, myself. Cool effect.