*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

EvanK

Thanks! I used the 300 f4 AF-D, but they're both slightly cropped. If I remember correctly the comet was no more than a few degrees in the sky, and from Winnipeg it was quite difficult to spot with the naked eye. You needed a decent pair of binoculars to get a decent view. The camera itself was mounted on a scope though, simply for the purpose of tracking. The alignment was quite rough though.

I have some interesting shots laying around my HDD off the comet only about 5 degrees from the moon, I'll try to get around yo processing them within the next few days when I have a chance.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
Thanks! I used the 300 f4 AF-D, but they're both slightly cropped. If I remember correctly the comet was no more than a few degrees in the sky, and from Winnipeg it was quite difficult to spot with the naked eye. You needed a decent pair of binoculars to get a decent view. The camera itself was mounted on a scope though, simply for the purpose of tracking. The alignment was quite rough though.

I have some interesting shots laying around my HDD off the comet only about 5 degrees from the moon, I'll try to get around yo processing them within the next few days when I have a chance.

Please do, I love astrophotos!

Geoff

VIP Member
IMG_0783-X2.jpg

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Awesome Geoff, love the perspective. And really nice Jason, the whole picture is excellent but you got the foreground focus and color and everything right on! :good:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Got the new bike into the studio at work to take some pictures today. Thought I'd get some before it got covered in mud!

p5pb9965964.jpg

p5pb9965963.jpg

p5pb9965965.jpg

G80FTW

Finally getting back into photography after 8 years (the loss of my baby, Nikon E990).

Went out and bought a cheap Nikon S3500. Lasted a week before I took it back as it had NO manual settings. Then went and got the Canon S110. So far, the best point and shoot camera Iv seen. Im keeping the S110, and saving for a DSLR. Havent decided Nikon or Canon yet. But seeing as Canon does have superior point and shoot cameras to Nikon, I may switch over to Canon.....

This was my first time ever using a RAW format in this picture.

And a crop of the camera itself:

Punk

Staff member
Finally getting back into photography after 8 years (the loss of my baby, Nikon E990).

Went out and bought a cheap Nikon S3500. Lasted a week before I took it back as it had NO manual settings. Then went and got the Canon S110. So far, the best point and shoot camera Iv seen. Im keeping the S110, and saving for a DSLR. Havent decided Nikon or Canon yet. But seeing as Canon does have superior point and shoot cameras to Nikon, I may switch over to Canon.....

It's all about the feel you get when you hold either Nikon or Canon DSLR because they're both good and at the same level. I'll always go Nikon now, I really like their menus and DSLR bodies.

spirit

Staff member
I went for Nikon over Canon because I preferred the build quality and I felt the Nikons were better value for money.

Liking Ankur's last shot quite a lot and G80's shot of the sky. :good: It's a really nice photo, G80, but a tad too dark for me. Did you add any contrast to it at all? :)

Some of my latest.

The End of the Day by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Centre Parks Elveden Tree by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Lowestoft Sea by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Lowestoft Harbour by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Alternative View by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

St Edmundsbury Cathedral by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Lily Pads by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

Last edited:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Very nice as always Jason, that church one is impeccable! :good:

By the way, I went Pentax just to go against the flow lol... I'm in dire need of a new lens.

Fatback

VIP Member
Love the Church one as well Jason.

I went with Sony because at the time they had the cheapest bodys. Now 2 SLR's and and SLT later I love them. Plenty of lens choices between the Sony Lenses and the Older Minolta lenses.

G80FTW

It's a really nice photo, G80, but a tad too dark for me. Did you add any contrast to it at all? :)

It was a RAW edit I did. I wanted it to be dark, as I had in mind for it a dark photo. I like to mix and match pictures to make a new picture. Granted, I did originally make it too dark I wanted that sun ray just as it was but I ended up lighting it up a bit in the final cut:

(Yes I know the shadow is wrong. But it was done accidently on purpose)

And another edit I used that sky in but reversed it for the purpose of the shadow rather than changing the direction of the shadow:

Last edited: