*Official* Post Your Pictures Thread

just a noob

I was going for the flag, but this seemed to turn out alright too

Sh749vHl.jpg

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
I'm no photographer in any sense compared to you guys but I've got a couple shots so far of my vacation in Maine and the Bar Harbor area. This is more a testament to the LG G4's camera. All done on auto settings I think, first is a pano though. This is the sunrise from Cadillac Mountain, which is the first spot in the US to receive sunlight for parts of the year. Got up at 3:30 to see it and was about 5 when it cracked the horizon.
20160719_051812_HDR by [email protected], on Flickr

20160718_114613 by [email protected], on Flickr

20160718_114456 by [email protected], on Flickr

20160718_121139 by [email protected], on Flickr

20160719_050600 by [email protected], on Flickr

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm no photographer in any sense compared to you guys but I've got a couple shots so far of my vacation in Maine and the Bar Harbor area. This is more a testament to the LG G4's camera. All done on auto settings I think, first is a pano though. This is the sunrise from Cadillac Mountain, which is the first spot in the US to receive sunlight for parts of the year. Got up at 3:30 to see it and was about 5 when it cracked the horizon
Fantastic photos for the G4, I loved mine for it's camera. I've actually never been to Cadillac Mountain, but that view is amazing. Maybe you should move to New England ;)

spirit

Staff member
*cough*
Sunrise.
Sorry! :p I should have read your post! :D

I have taken thousands of photos in July so far. I'm trying to get them up onto Flickr but it is taking a while because a lot of the groups I post in to help me get my views have a set number of photos you can post to them each day, but here are some of the best recent photos I've put up there:

Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) 2016: Sometimes the slow 300mm lens I have and the D3200's 4 fps shooting makes capturing airshows quite hard. I'm hoping that by the time I go to RIAT 2017 I have a 500mm or a 600mm lens and a D500 which can shoot at 10 fps and has a much better and faster auto-focusing system than the AF on the 55-300mm lens I use (it's the same auto-focusing system used in the D5, 153 points etc).

RIAT 2016 - Eurofighter Typhoon by Jason Brown, on Flickr

RIAT 2016 - F-22 Raptor by Jason Brown, on Flickr

RIAT 2016 - F-22 and F-35 Flypast by Jason Brown, on Flickr

RIAT 2016 - SAAB Gripen by Jason Brown, on Flickr

RIAT 2016 - Polish Mikoyan MiG-29 Fulcrum by Jason Brown, on Flickr

RIAT 2016 - F-35 Lightning II by Jason Brown, on Flickr

RIAT 2016 - F-35 Lightning II by Jason Brown, on Flickr

RIAT 2016 - RAF Red Arrows Display by Jason Brown, on Flickr

RIAT 2016 - RAF Red Arrows Display by Jason Brown, on Flickr

Africa Alive zoo:

Great Grey Owl by Jason Brown, on Flickr

African Tribal Dancers by Jason Brown, on Flickr