Official Screenshot Thread

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Thanks mate.
You don't hack, remember you don't have to. you have eyes in the side of your head, or maybe double in the front.
Later, Bob.

Filip

vroom_skies said:
Thanks mate.
You don't hack, remember you don't have to. you have eyes in the side of your head, or maybe double in the front.
Later, Bob.
lol, nice, very confusing for others, they are like "wtf is this guy talking about?"

Filip

that happens to me alot, when im behind a crate only my head is poppin out, when i see a guy i duck and he shots and lands a freggin headshot even if i crouched half a second before the guy started shootin

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
they are actually infront of the player model when moving
Its the same in real life too! You dont aim at someone if they're moving, you aim in front of them. As for the kill behind a wall, well, obviously that doesnt happen in real life, unless its a paper wall

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Its the same in real life too! You don't aim at someone if they're moving, you aim in front of them. As for the kill behind a wall, well, obviously that doesn't happen in real life, unless its a paper wall

Yea but... In real life you would shoot before the person so that by the time the bullet reaches that person they are in that spot to receive it :). But in the video the hit boxes move away from the body which is just wrong. We do not have a mystical hitbox around our body's in real life that will actually get ahead of us when running. Everything about it is just plain wrong. For example when the guy was running over the bridge his hitbox showed well before he did. Many of those shots went straight to the hitbox before the player model even caught up... Thous allowing the player to be hit via his magical hitbox :). the way I see it is the hitbox should be no larger then the player model and move in real time with the model.

In real life you would shoot before the person in hopes to connect with that person as they cross the path. Not shoot an invisible area in front of that person and get the shot before that person even enters the area.

Last edited:

skidude

That explains the so called "death delay" in source, where you shoot the guy and he wont die until a fraction of a second later.

Mr.Suave

well you guys kinda have the right idea...my theory on y the hitboxes are like that is becuase they wanted to make up for the bullet time lag(im not sure the technical term for it) its the time it takes for the bullet to reach downrange. that is obvisly y you have to shoot ahead of the person that is running to make the bullet cross paths...but in CSS there is no time for the bullet...it pretty much instant..once you fire it hits something automatically...get wat i mean? but there is a big flaw in putting the hitboxes like that....many of you have ponted it out like death delay...and the hitboxes showing up even b4 the model is. another flaw is the hitboxes will still be ahead even at close distances thats y even tho your ponit blank on someones head you still miss...
now in BF2 they fixed this by using bullet time and bullet drop...as we all kno a bullet will drop as is goes by..thats y in bf2 if you want to hit a long range target aim up a little and y you see the bulets hit the ground i little late unlike CS.

here si the console command if you want too see foryourselves.
in your server or just create one with one bot
type in "sv_cheat 1"
then "sv_showhitboxes 2"... "-1" turns it off..."1" puts the hitboxes on you.

Last edited:

Filip

about 15 minutes ago i was alone in a server playing nuke, lol, alone, anyways i tried to jump on a crate and guess what, i couldnt, it was like there was no crate, check the pic, im in a crate right now

CSS-9.jpg

Last edited:

Filip

Darman said:
Here's a pic from Republic Commando.
SWRepublicCommando2006-01-0817-22-2.jpg
yo darman, i can see u r hosting now on photobucket, when u upload them do it in .jpg not in .bmp, .bmp is much larger, to do that you can go to ms paint and save the picture in .jpg, 1024x768 takes only around 80KB and the quality is good

Modoman

Blue said:
In real life you would shoot before the person in hopes to connect with that person as they cross the path. Not shoot an invisible area in front of that person and get the shot before that person even enters the area.
unless your life is on a 56k modem :p