Official Screenshot Thread

Renzore101

Ha, sorry for being less than descriptive, but yes that's what I meant, your latest screenshots. I was actually thinking about buying that game, but I thought I saw some less than favorable reviews on steam. I'll have to give it a shot.

Punk

Staff member
Ha, sorry for being less than descriptive, but yes that's what I meant, your latest screenshots. I was actually thinking about buying that game, but I thought I saw some less than favorable reviews on steam. I'll have to give it a shot.

The community is huge. It takes quite a while to master all the controls, took me around 7 hours to learn the game properly. It's time consuming but it's awesome. There are many ways you can play the game, trader between space station, pirate, bounty hunter, exploration (my favorite, you've noticed), powerplay (there are factions in the habitable part of the galaxy 'the bubble'). Everything is scientifically close to what we know as of today, and you have the galaxy in 1:1 scale to explore. There is also a lore that keeps on getting better, lately we had encounters with alien spaceships. I'd suggest you watch youtuve tutorials to get used to it.

Most of the time, people neg review it because of how hard it is to master the whole game, but after, it's a spaceship simulator, not an arcade game :)

Renzore101

I am going to buy it, i'm so tied up with homework now but i'll be done with this semester in a few weeks. This will be my game for the summer :)

Punk

Staff member
I am going to buy it, i'm so tied up with homework now but i'll be done with this semester in a few weeks. This will be my game for the summer :)
Forget about life once you have it (just kidding of course ). I bought a HOTAS last month, it's even more fun now :D

Intel_man

VIP Member
More Cities Skylines! @Darren, are you still getting like 10-15 fps with the Ryzen when the city population is getting big?

E31BB1FADC97A2A5B648A99102A0A5A508488270

962DD72CF71FDE5DBE0B42F42828E9D60E73A758

60E71A89ACFC9F2ED350475090DB8C26D16B5CE4

Darren

Staff member
@Intel_man I haven't done much with it but in the little testing I did I was usually holding 30ish FPS unless I zoomed in too far. Zoom out enough and sits at 60 FPS comfortably. Night and day difference in performance but it's still a city simulator with 100K people so shit gets bogged down regardless. I'd say on average though my performance has doubled.

I'll do some more extensive testing with Ryzen and Skylines once I'm done with this semester.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I'm definitely interested with how more modern hardware deals with that game!

I did notice that Cities Skylines eats through ram and is maxed out. I was tempted to swap my ram for 24gb's worth but then realized that's like $240 worth of ram on old hardware I'm ditching in a few years. So I refrained myself. lol

Darren

Staff member
I'm definitely interested with how more modern hardware deals with that game!

I did notice that Cities Skylines eats through ram and is maxed out. I was tempted to swap my ram for 24gb's worth but then realized that's like $240 worth of ram on old hardware I'm ditching in a few years. So I refrained myself. lol
On that note, I did run with both 8GB and 16GB and my few minutes of testing it seemed to scale well and not max me out in either instance. With 16GB I was getting 10GB+ of usage overall but with 8GB I wasn't cracking 7GB. It wasn't my focus of testing, just necessitated by my RAM troubles, but I didn't notice any difference at the time.

I think Windows 10 is always way better about RAM management than previous OS's so that's part of it.

Darren

Staff member
Racing games are getting borderline lifelike at this point. The reflections on the front wing in the first shot are incredibly accurate. The faces in the crowd of the last one look like they all want to die though.

Calin

Ok, more F1 2017 screenshots. I'm getting into modding the game so I changed the ugly Mclaren livery.
2hs1y5s.jpg

2dqkn4l.jpg

1zodbv8.jpg