Oh boy do I need help

iking

New Member
OK, 2 days ago I shut down my CP and just 1 minute later, forgot I had to pay a bill and tried to turn the CP on, nothing, no power, tried for 1 hour that night and nothing.

The next morning I opened it up, cleaned the dust, checked all connections and boom, it turned on, problem now is that my CD RW and DCD RW do not work. What is going on?

The trays open but not one single disk will boot. I built this CP 5 years ago and have never had one single problem until this "power issue".
 
Thanks for the reply.

I have no extra cable. Is this waht happens when the Power starts to go bad. I have noticed for a few weeks some sluggishness and all around some weird things.

I have Antec, do you recomend another suplly?
 
It is most likely your immediate switch on activated a protection device to avoid damage to your CPU. Trying for an hour after would not give it time to reset.

Next day you cleaned the inside and I would suggest you check to see if you have disturbed the soundcard CD connector.
 
All cables and connections look fine. I have 2 HD and noticed the IDE cable was not connected to theIDE 1 slot of the board. I connected it and restarted and when it restarted, Windows said it recovered from a "fatal error" and about 10 second later, the monitor shut off and would not come back on.

I disconnected the IDE cable from the board and now everything is fine, but still no DVD or CD drives are working.
 
Back
Top