Oh the irony! (Xtremegamer card)

JohnJSal

I went to a computer store today to get a little hands-on experience with whatever I could find, and the sound card display case happened to be opened so I took out the Xtremegamer box and was reading the description.

At the top of the box there is a little chart that shows what the card is good for, and how well it does it, by having 1 to 3 check marks. For "music" and "movies" it had the full 3 check marks, but for "gaming" it had only 2! I guess we can't rely too much on the name, after all. :)

cdanik

lol very funny! Im surprised that a soundcard can be awsome for movies and music, but not for gaming ?????

JohnJSal

lol very funny! Im surprised that a soundcard can be awsome for movies and music, but not for gaming ?????

I'm sure it's fine for all three, but it was just hilarious that Creative themselves even labeled it the equivalent of "good" for gaming, instead of "great". :)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I'm sure it's fine for all three, but it was just hilarious that Creative themselves even labeled it the equivalent of "good" for gaming, instead of "great". :)

That's because they also want people to buy the Xtremegamer Fatality, which probably has 3 check marks next to "gaming" as it has the (useless) 64 megs of X-ram. It's just advertising ;).

Tuffie

Yeah they do that alot.

When your selling several products that all do the same thing with different performances you would obviously need to try to set them apart in different ways.

I have seen it a few times before and it's some times hilarious.

Kent.