OK Guys here is my new build.

Compequip

New Member
Thanks to all those that helped. Everything is here except the Mobo because they're out of stock but it's the Asus P5Q-E. Tell me if there is something missing or something I should change before I order by this weekend.

Thank You,

Sorry I took the link out and cut and paste. I don't know how to do any other way.

Thanks

Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price

SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model SH-S203N - OEM
Item #: N82E16827151154
$26.99

NZXT LEXA-NP Black/ Silver Aluminum Construction Plastic Front Panel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
$25.00 Mail-in Rebate $129.99
$124.99

SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM
Item #: N82E16821103203
$7.49

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Item #: N82E16822136218
$89.99

OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V Power Supply - Retail
Item #: N82E16817341002
$35.00 Mail-in Rebate $149.99
$114.99

SABRENT CRW-UINB 65-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal Card Reader w/ USB 2.0 Port supports SDHC/VISTA - Retail
Item #: N82E16820300608
$13.99

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI - Retail
Item #: N82E16820231184
$149.99
$109.99

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail
Item #: N82E16819115017
$199.99

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 1pk DSP OEI DVD - OEM
Item #: N82E16832116488
$109.99

Rosewill RFX-120BL 120mm 2 Ball Bearing Blue LED Case Fan with Fan Controller Set - Retail
Item #: N82E16835200028
$12.99

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail
Item #: N82E16835186134
$36.99
$26.99

ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Item #: N82E16814121253
ASUS Gift - ASUS graphic card bundle - Retail
Item #: N82E16800998112
$30.00 Mail-in Rebate $242.98
$187.99

Subtotal: $1,026.38
Tax: $84.68

Calculate Shipping
Shipping: $35.90
 
Last edited:
What is your budget???

I'll post something better :P


I was trying to keep it around 1200.00 + tax and shipping. I already have the monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers. But I need everything else. I thought this was a good build??? :eek: Also I did see the E8400 is down to $149.00 and the Nvidia 8800GT are at 130.00. But decided Q was the was to go along with the ATI video cards.:)
 
Thanks guys, I'm trying to poop or get off the pot. I need to build a new cpu but just can't see doing it for some reason. Maybee I'm waiting for prices to drop in half??? HEHE We'll I'm gonna try and do it this weekend. :eek:
 
I'm still on the pot :D.... I had guys like you cohen, Whitefiredragon,computerfreak and others helping me out. I think the build I show here should be fine. I think the 4850 will be fine although the 4870 would be nicer, it's another 100.00. Besides my current comp. is a P4 3.00 GHZ HT 1gb ram 6600 GT with a 120GB HD and it does everything I need it to do. I just want to upgrade into something more modern. You know I have to keep the economy going....:eek:
 
I'm still on the pot :D.... I had guys like you cohen, Whitefiredragon,computerfreak and others helping me out. I think the build I show here should be fine. I think the 4850 will be fine although the 4870 would be nicer, it's another 100.00. Besides my current comp. is a P4 3.00 GHZ HT 1gb ram 6600 GT with a 120GB HD and it does everything I need it to do. I just want to upgrade into something more modern. You know I have to keep the economy going....:eek:

Hey,

I was going to post something, but i have been really busy and then the other guys posted their builds, so i didn't bother.

But if you would like, i can post a build at your request if you would like.......
 
Hey,

I was going to post something, but i have been really busy and then the other guys posted their builds, so i didn't bother.

But if you would like, i can post a build at your request if you would like.......

Sure if you'd like. I'm really liking the build I came up with in my first post here. Maybe make changes to it? I plan on ordering by tomorrow, so they can ship everything out on Monday....
 
Sure if you'd like. I'm really liking the build I came up with in my first post here. Maybe make changes to it? I plan on ordering by tomorrow, so they can ship everything out on Monday....

The only thing i suggest it, upgrade the video card to this, and get this hard drive.

They are still out of stock on your motherboard, so get this one.

Hope this helps.
 
I'm still on the pot :D.... I had guys like you cohen, Whitefiredragon,computerfreak and others helping me out. I think the build I show here should be fine. I think the 4850 will be fine although the 4870 would be nicer, it's another 100.00. Besides my current comp. is a P4 3.00 GHZ HT 1gb ram 6600 GT with a 120GB HD and it does everything I need it to do. I just want to upgrade into something more modern. You know I have to keep the economy going....:eek:

lol im trying to get of the pot to it just does not happen.
now with the build both oscurys an my build will be more reliable if this comp will be used for more gaming i would get mine if just other stuff get oscarys but i would change his HDD to a WD 640G an the DVD drive to a ASUS or LG SATA one
 
Back
Top