Ok I want to order it, just gotta make sure I'm getting the right one

EWC88

DMGrier what ASUS are you saying to get thats good?

And yes I know the MBP would be great to get, but like I said before I'm NOT positive I will get that, so I wanted to see what are the best windows laptops out there for my needs and price range.

DMGrier

VIP Member
A intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz Penryn
2GB
160GB HD or 250GB BTO
Superdrive
kill bill did you just list specs? For that price for the specs you listed I could get a dell studio with
2.5 Ghz dual core
4 GB DDR2 memory
640 GB of hard drive space
ati 3650 HD 256 MB graphic card
cd/dvd burner
I love when mac users try to compete with computer specs, look if your going to argue you might want to argue why your OS is better, but I can only think of one reason why that is. Now looking at EWC88 is looking for a ASUS right now not a mac. EWC88 I'm not saying mac's are horrible but for what seems to be in your price you could do better, that ASUS G Series G50V-X1 looks like a awesome computer for the price.

Last edited:

Kill Bill

kill bill did you just list specs? For that price for the specs you listed I could get a dell studio with
2.5 Ghz dual core
4 GB DDR2 memory
640 GB of hard drive space
ati 3650 HD 256 MB graphic card
cd/dvd burner
I love when mac users try to compete with computer specs, look if your going to argue you might want to argue why your OS is better, but I can only think of one reason why that is. Now looking at EWC88 is looking for a ASUS right now not a mac. EWC88 I'm not saying mac's are horrible but for what seems to be in your price you could do better, that ASUS G Series G50V-X1 looks like a awesome computer for the price.

is the 640gb pata or ide also the 4gb of vista would be the same as 1gb in mac also are they penryn. I know that the santa rosa had 2.5GHz and again graphics he doesnt need as hes not doing gaming

DMGrier

VIP Member
couldn't tell you about the hard drive. And your full of crap saying 1 GB on a mac is the same as 4 GB on Vista, Dude I have played on macs. And as I said I know he isn't looking for gaming but as I said earlier when paying so much for a laptop there shouldn't be one area that should lack performance.

EWC88

DMGrier the ASUS that you recommend (orange gaming one) What on that makes it better then the ASUS I posted the link on? Just curious, I don't know to much info and just trying to understand this

DMGrier

VIP Member
sorry man, had to many tabs open I ment to put down the ASUS M50 Series M50Vm-X1, reason I feel that one would be better is your looking for memory and HDD, and they both have 4 GB memory so get the one with 250 GB of HDD.

Kill Bill

couldn't tell you about the hard drive. And your full of crap saying 1 GB on a mac is the same as 4 GB on Vista, Dude I have played on macs. And as I said I know he isn't looking for gaming but as I said earlier when paying so much for a laptop there shouldn't be one area that should lack performance.

Dude. If that was in public think of the sh*t people put on it

EWC88

Ok does everyone else think that ASUS latop is good? I don't want nothing crappy, thats why I'm being a pain.

Also does that latop have a docking system for it?

EWC88

anyone? or is the Asus M50-vmx1 really good enough for my needs? I want something that will last and be good.