Old Dell Desktop PC

xjokerz

So I'm interested in this PC here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883155335

Could someone please let me know if this computer could be upgraded to 4 GB of memory and what type of memory this takes? If it can't be upgraded anymore, I might think about getting something else.

Bonus question: Is it worth buying this refurbished? I know the obvious risks, but what else should I know about this particular computer?

(Oh, and I'm going to be running XP for sure. I hate Windows 7. I don't know how to do anything in it and I know XP like the back of my hand. I never took the time to learn Vista or Windows 7. XP runs smoother and you don't need 2 GB of memory to run it effectively either, like with 7.)

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this.

strollin

Go to crucial.com and put in the model info and it will tell you how much memory you can add, what type and even offer too sell it to you.

Only you can decide if this computer is worth buying. Personally, I don't care for small form factor computers because they are generally limited in their ability to be upgraded.

Don't really understand your issue with Win 7, it's not that different from XP. However, if you prefer XP that's your prerogative.

xjokerz

The computer is only going to be used for internet browsing, homework, playing music, Youtube, video clips, etc. Nothing too sophisticated. I just need something because I'm sick of using a laptop (besides, I think it's infected. It has 4 GB of memory installed and is dual core but runs like something made in 2001.)

Is 4 GB of memory too much for running XP and for what I want to do? I figure it would come in handy to upgrade but maybe it's overkill.

And what are your thoughts on this desktop (besides it not being able to upgrade much).

Gary1

Anyone who needs 8 gigs of RAM, but doesn't want to buy anything more than $225 computer.

Its still $119.98 for 4x 2 gig of Kingston ValueRAM. DDR2 is not the way to go at all.

Last edited:

I_BUILD_NASTYS

So I'm interested in this PC here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883155335

Could someone please let me know if this computer could be upgraded to 4 GB of memory and what type of memory this takes? If it can't be upgraded anymore, I might think about getting something else.

Bonus question: Is it worth buying this refurbished? I know the obvious risks, but what else should I know about this particular computer?

(Oh, and I'm going to be running XP for sure. I hate Windows 7. I don't know how to do anything in it and I know XP like the back of my hand. I never took the time to learn Vista or Windows 7. XP runs smoother and you don't need 2 GB of memory to run it effectively either, like with 7.)

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this.

i hope to god you dont buy that piece of crap lol