Old Game + New OS = Truble

hollis098

Hello Everyone,
I am having problems installing one of my older games because I have an OS (in this case XP Home) that the game (in this case C&C Red Alert) that dosent surport that OS because its "too good", so I was woundering if their was any way to get around this problem.

apj101

VIP Member
really, xp should be backward compatible with all software, that one reason why it gets so big. What erro message are you getting when installing? And at what stage is the process failing

narafa

You must have some problems with your game setup, I have played Red Alert a lot of times before over windows XP Pro (Not Home), but I think that both would be fine playing the game.

Just post the error you are getting and at what stage does it give you the error, and what other old games are running normally over your PC.

Geoff

VIP Member
I remember when i could play titanic on windows 98, only 95. But unless this game was made for win 3.1, i dont see why it wont work.

hollis098

Thanx alot atomic, thats fixed it up. For everyone else it wasnt as much as an error message but the installer program was saying that i didnt have the right OS, and it happend just before it would normaly start installing.