Old PSU

Npost

I am currently going to build a new pc for gaming but was wanting to re use some things to cut cost like the HDD and PSU.

This is what I plan on purchasing, it will be used for steam games only mostly survival games like Day Z, H1Z1, Out Of Reach, Rust or any others of the sort but not limited to only playing that.

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Asus Radeon R7 370 2GB Video Card

So with all that being said I want to know if my old PSU will be capable of handling this build or would it even work in the first place, the total combined wattage for this set up should only be 272Watts if I am correct, sorry if this sounds like a noob question but the last time I built a pc was back in 2007 since then many things have changed.

Here is some information regarding the PSU in question with a link for further details any help would be great, also this build is only going to cost me around $450 that is about my limit so if you have hardware suggestions please keep that in mind.

1 – 20/24 Pin motherboard connector
1 – 4/8 Pin +12V and EPS connector
8 – 4 Pin molex connectors
2 – 4 Pin floppy connectors
2 – PCI Express connectors
4 – SATA connectors
1 – AST Controlled CPU fan connector
1 – AST Thermo-controlled Chassis fan connector
1 – PSU fan RPM monitor Connector

Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/ultra-x-finity-2g-600-watt-power-supply-review_516#5DtptL0JBMJ36MJX.99

Npost

That thing's pretty dated. Those units were pretty mediocre even when new. I don't believe it would be 'Haswell compatible' though, however should still 'work' without those power states.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story3&reid=23

Yes it sure is, what do you mean when you say 'Haswell compatible'? Do you think a EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply would be a better fit especially with it only being $14.99 after mail in rebate?

Npost

I am going to get the EVGA 430W PSU now and not the 370 any more but the gtx 960.

I didnt know I already posted that the build I have should only be 272W max and the 960 should only consume 120 of those so the 430W should be enough.