Oldest 3D Shooter You Played?

pwlljakob

For Me, Wolfenstien 3D by id Studios,
Wow just look at those 8 bit graphics!
wolf3d.gif

What is the oldest first person shooter you have played?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold. Basically Wolfenstein with a different storyline.

Laquer Head

Catacomb 3D...i think it was by same company as wolfenstien,

I played it in grade school--so like 1992-94 ish..before high school for sure..

Egon

You know, the more I thought about it the more I remembered. I'm changing my answer to this:

images

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Doom was the first shooter I played properly, as in I clocked the entire game. I did play Wolfenstein at one point but, ehh... I'm really into oldschool games and generally don't care about graphics all that much but it looked so bad even by my standards that I really couldn't enjoy it for long (well, it probably wasn't the graphics as much as the fact that all the corridors were more or less identical... either way I didn't have fun).

SuperDuperMe

The first duke nukem for playstation one. It wasnt the first game or console i owned as id had snes and n64 before it. But my first memory of a 3d shooter was that. Must have only been about 6-7 i think :p Poor parenting at its best. Easiest baby sitter my mum ever bought lol

orcam3

I played Doom and Duke Nukem when i was 5 (10 years ago), there were already ''better'' games around, but i didn't know, i still love (the old) Doom and Duke Nukem, and i love Quake 2 too :D

M1kkelZR

for me i think it was tomb raider 1 on the playstation 1. i started late with the gaming scene lokll