Olympus Digital Cameras

AainaalyaA

it is costly everywhere.. i meant the Leica, but it was my first 35mm when I was 9... and its a good cam. btw, do you know how thick the sq's manual is? I just discovered its not just a point and shoot af digital thingy... it shoots manual too... and I'm having fun with it already.. thank you for the weight, but its really small in my hands..

nikon is expensive, but leica costs a fortune, at least here in Australia. I would give the nikon sq digital a chance, looks like a cool camera

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
i guess i really should get another digi cam someday. my photoshop has been idle for some time now.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
actually, i dream of owning a digital camcorder a reasonable price. digi cams, really aren't that expensive anymore.

AainaalyaA

yeah specially in Asia... sonys are pretty cheap here... but i saw a very cheap cam... but i always tell my friends to invest in a branded one.. for long term investment unless you prefer the plug and throw type..

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
i preffer the plug and keep type! :D i invest in things that i believe will last me for a long time to come.

AainaalyaA

hey maybe you guys could work something up ... like a partnership kinda thing, open an online store and start selling really good stuff like these gadgets but at a whole wide profit margin... the forum is a great way to do that

AainaalyaA

so back to the main topic, how many of you have Digits and plug and throw cams {fujipack, etc} ? and what do you use most often?

Rick G

AA; I was at one time in life a commercial photographer shooting pictures for catalougs, jewelry and such. I used a Canon F1 and a Nikon F (F1?), donremember, a senior moment here. Now I have a Pentax ZX-5 and a Canon EOS Rebel G in addition to 2 olympus digi's. I use cameras evryday in my work so need cameras and backup cameras as I am a long way from anywhere if one breaks down on me. I much prefer the slr's for artistry and picture quality but have become very addictive to the digi's cuz I can lighten or darken to show exactly what I want my customers to see. No composition needed in my work. I can also adjust the colors if in a poor light situation and flashes might not be appropriate wherever I am. Sooo I like both, they both have their place. For personal use, SLR, for work Digiman. I do get a kick out the big bragging rights to mega pixels cause they take up so much space on the sticks and on the puter so I always set mine at lower settings, so why should I buy something more expensive if I cant use the added perforemance, lot like a computer, build or buy what you need, the rest is just nice to have and necer use.

Sorry I planned a 2 cents worth but gave you all a quarters worth, just dont know when to stop, you should see me in person or on the phone.

se7en

I just got my first digital camera-
Kodak EasyShare CX4230

It's easy (especially for digi cam newbies like me) to use, and transfer pictures onto the computer in a snap.
It takes good pictures (I guess)

I picked it up from Walmart for $113 :)

fire.jpg

evil.ducks

The olympus digital cameras are very good alltho you are much better off with a digital slr such as the canon rebel/300d or even the nikon d70 as these are the leading digital slrs that are most affordable

AainaalyaA

i would love to meet you in person, or on the phone -- am thinking of getting a D100 before i shoot off somewhere in a couple of months, maybe you could tame me into some advice?

later,

AA