Olympus Digital Cameras

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
as far as i have heard, olympus makes good quality digi cams, but don't take my word for it since i have never actually used one. i have however had the opertunity to play with some kodak, sony and HP digi cams. the sony's are very nice, but as usual, very pricey as well. the HP's are starting to get better and take good quality pics from 3 mega pixels up. the kodaks and are my personal favourite out of the three brands. i used to have an old 1 mega pixel kodak and must say, for how old the camera was, it toke some really nice pics. my sister recently got a newer kodak digi cam and that takes really nice pics as well. i also know a few people that own fugi finepix digi cams and are satisfied with them.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
the fuji finepix seems to offer the best value for money for the features it has.
especially their higher than average optical zoom and the webcam mode looks like a good feature.
But with normal film cameras, in my experience, olympus has left everything else for dust, so I will probably stick with them when I eventually go digital.
Sony tend to be expensive when it comes to the memory sticks.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
i agree!

PS: i can't just post the above line, because it is less than 10 characters. i guess that means no single smily posts. *shrug*

[tab]

[...]
I've heard that you're better off going with a company that made good film cameras before digital became big... Sony being the exception. Therefore the good names are of course Nikon, Canon, Olympus, etc...

My Canon Powershot A70 rocks :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
choice between a digital camera and a laptop, id take the laptop.....

AainaalyaA

actually I am so used to using SLR that migrating to digital seems a bit awkward. Even with the Nikon SQ, its still akward. Maybe I'll go get myself, a new SLR.. In a tug of war at the moment -- should it be a Leica? or a Nikon?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

AA

ian

Administrator
Staff member
nikon is expensive, but leica costs a fortune, at least here in Australia.
I would give the nikon sq digital a chance, looks like a cool camera.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
hahaha... :D

that's funny. i am 182cm last i checked, so theoretically, that would work. but the girl i am more or less seing is much shorter than that.

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
now aren't you the curious one! :) i would tell you more about what you ask, but i don't really know.